1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Softmodding and Error 21

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by Roborappa, Dec 28, 2004.

1. Roborappa

Roborappa Member

I'm sorry, I need mad help. I tried everything!

I'n trying to softmod my V1.6 NTSC XBOX using Ltools 1.7.5 for 007:AUF -OR- Splinter Cell. I do everything right, I get the gamesave from the "usual places", put it onto my memcard from Action replay, copy it to XBOX HDD, reboot my hdd, pop in 007:AUF, play for like 3 minutes, goto load mission. It loads, and boom, green screen of death. ERROR CODE #21. I know, I know, the flag is telling the XBOX that it doesn't know what to do, and to simply get to this.

But, I can simply reboot my xbox and everything's fine and back to normal, all that remains is the gamesave as I left it and nothing's changed.

SOMEBODY HELP! I'm trying everything!!! I'm trying to use Ltools 1.7.5 for 007, and Waffletools for 007.

NOTHING BUT ERROR # 2 1.

--> H E L P!!!!!

2. Roborappa

Roborappa Member

Hmm... I was reading around and...

I got an Action Replay Memcard, I heard it corrupts gamesaves or sumthing, should I go try a MS Memcard???

3. Roborappa

Roborappa Member

Even more,

I thought if it can corrupt large gamesaves, is there a method to break them down, and have them run normally on the XBOX HD?

4. legato777

legato777 Member

kk, i had same problem.

1. my ar didnt crash, and its brand new (like 3 days old). It was a silver box, that said "includes halo2 save"
    2. when the green screen comes up, the light arround eject will go oarnge, wait a couple seconds, till it goes green, or starts flashing, then turn off your xbox, then turn it back on, and take the game out, and close the drive, and it should show your dashboard.
    3. Same thing goes if you wanna unistall, wait till the light goes green.

hope this helps.

5. Roborappa

Roborappa Member

No No No guy, once I get the Green Screen, my Eject button led just flashes green and red. There's no orange. I tried doing wut u said to leave the game in and reboot, then take it out, nothing but the original dashboard.

Plus I got the old AR. The one with the Green and Black box and old-ass saves, like Halo 1 was a new save on there.

W/e man thanks for ur help!

6. legato777

legato777 Member

sorry for the missunderstanding.

when i go to mod mine; the screen goes green, and everything looks messed up, i didnt know you were talking about error 21.

are you loading from the harddrive?
    if your loading from the memory card; that can be your problem.

7. Roborappa

Roborappa Member

No problem man, hey thanks for helping!

No, I copy everything on to the HDD and everything's good to go, just it goes to this screen that says in like 8 different languages; Your XBOX requires service. Please contact customer support. Then in the top left hand corner is number it can range anywhere from 01 to 21.

Thanks anyway man

8. fastkart8

fastkart8 Guest

i have the same problem...i dont recommend softmod in ANY WAY

9. Roborappa

Roborappa Member

Softmodding does work, for sure. The development and everything is 100%. Anyway, you just need an official MS Memcard. The Action Replay memcard you and I have corrupt large gamesaves such as the files needed to mod the XBOX. Try again with an MS Branded one. It'll work. I'm sure of it.

Even copying my normal Halo 2 gamesave with the memcard to my HDD, my checkpoint was corrupted.