1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Softmodding - Halo 2

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by Ozmosis8, Feb 17, 2007.

1. Ozmosis8

Ozmosis8 Member

I am softmodding my xbox for the first time and understand that to do it you need a form of FTP software. I already have that on my computer. I have been around to different sites and I understand that in order to softmod halo 2, you need some sort of halo 2 map editor and need to copy the halo 2 maps to your computer and then mod them and put save them to your xbox hard drive. Is all of this correct? What is the best halo 2 map editor? Is there any FTP software that will work better for halo 2? How do I save the modded maps onto my xbox hard drive? Sorry for so many questions but this is my first time modding.

2. killer1on

killer1on Member

From what I have heard,you just have to download the mods and copy Halo 2 to your Xbox,then paste the files(mods) to the directory that you have to. Look at the mod info. It should say.

3. Ozmosis8

Ozmosis8 Member

Well this may be on another thread, but how do I go about copying halo 2 onto my xbox hard drive? Thanks for your help! And how big of a hard drive am I going to need if im only going to play halo 2 (with mods) on my xbox?

4. xxteakxx

xxteakxx Regular member