1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Softmodding With Splinter Cell on V1.0 XBOX

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Roborappa, Dec 18, 2004.

1. Roborappa

Roborappa Member

The title explains itself. How?

I've tried it simply by taking all the files in LTools for Splinter Cell, and everything, and I booted it up, and once I hit the LINUX profile, a black screen comes up saying: Your XBOX Requires Service, Call the XBOX number. , but theres no Error number.

Once I reboot it, it works fine as if nothing happened, but all the files are still on my HDD?

WTF do I do!!!

2. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Yeah don't use the Splinter Cell exploit. I tried using it and it didn't work for me either. The best suggestion is to use 007: Agent under Fire THE ORIGINAL VERSION, not the platinum. I got mine's for like $14 at a EBGames store. The mechassault exploit is confusing also, because you can't use any new version of Mechassault (including the Platinum versions) so that is confusing. So just buy an original Agent under Fire and use that exploit.

3. Roborappa

Roborappa Member

ok i will, but everyones been saying that even the platinum 007 can work.

4. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Yeah but get the Original to be safe.

5. fastkart8

fastkart8 Guest

Does anyone know where the Splinter Cell download is at? For linux that is.

6. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

it's in XBINS, which is a IRC server.

7. punqewe

punqewe Active member

as far as the 007 platinum disk is concerned.there are two versions of the disk. One works and the other doesn't. Just look at the writting on the disk ad at the end of the whole copyrights paragraph there is a number...look at that and it will tell you if the disk is good to go or not. If you have the version that dosn't work,you don't have to worry about fusking up your machine....cause the one that doesn't work won't even let you load the save file.

WORKS:1448517
    DOESNT WORK:1448527

8. spider21

spider21 Member

I was just wondering if someone could let me know step by step how to mod the xbox with Agent Under Fire Origianl Game. I would be very greatful if someone could help me out.

Thanks.
    Spider21

Last edited: Dec 21, 2004
  9. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

You need to get mIRC and a FTP program first. Then, set up an account and go under the Efnet server, and then choose an Efnet location closest to your city or town. Then, go to favorites, and type in "#xbins," excluding the quotation marks. Now, you have to type in /msg xbins !list to get your special username and pass in order to get in the xbins server. Now type that IP address, Username and password in your FTP program. Once you get in, follow this directory:

xbox/operating system/linux/distributions/ltools/

Then, select the latest agent under fire exploit, and edit the exploit (follow the instructions here: (http://how2xbox.com/) and, using Action Replay, put the gamesave on the memory card, and once it's on the the memory card, put the memory card in your controller, and transfer the file to your xbox. Now, load the exploit gamesave from in the Agent under Fire game. You should see the Media X Menu pop up. If it says "Agent under fire" just press B to get out of it. Now go to "UDE install" and choose a couple of options, and then let Itools do it's thing.

Remember, you can always do a C-Restore on your Xbox by loading Media X Menu again through the game.

10. punqewe

punqewe Active member

Roborappa-if you need the 007 gamesave I can help you there. I have the file stored online and I could give you the addy if you pm me.....It's a 256 files size with raincoat 0.7,but I will post a 1024 sized file if you really need it. The bios I use is a hacked 4981.67 Xecuter2. I changed the intro flubber to blue and added a rotating animation that ends up to a blue 'X' logo. The whole game save is there if you want,and if you need the larger gamesave all you would have to do is get that file and go into the package and switch the bios files. Anyways,get back to me on that.