1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

softmodding

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Xeno360, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Xeno360

Xeno360 Member

Ive read many posts on how to play backups.... And all of them require to buy swap magic or somthing, Is there any way i can like soft mod my ps2 without having to buy ANYTHING? what i do have is... Blank dvds, cd-r. and a fat 32 HDD. But idk if i can do it with just this stuff? Or is it possible to dl a copy of swap magic and put it on a disk and use it like that by patchign it somehow? Or even if theres a hard way to do it by opening the system up. Thats no problem for me, Idc about the warrenty. I have a slim ps2. I just need a way to play backups thats all idc how but i cant buy swap magic onlien or anything like that :/.

I also heard there is a way to swap out a ps1 game at the "Playstation" Logo and insert a ps2 backup to play games. does this work or have any truth behind it, Or does it work for slim ps2's?

My ps2 specs are....

Console: SCPH-75001
    Browser: 1.40
    CD: 2.00
    PS DRIVER: 2.00
    dcd: 3.11U

Last edited: Jun 6, 2007
  2. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

Nope, as far as I know, that's utterly impossible and that would result in a failed boot because you're using a PSX CD game to load up a PS2 DVD game. Unless you use a PSX game as a trigger disk if you decide to go do the exploit route of playing your backups, you pretty much need either a Swap Magic disc set, a mod-chip installed, HD/USB advance for playing games off a HD or Gameshark2, Action Replay or whatever else to use exploits if you wanted to play any backed-up or import games.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2007