1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Softmoding a ps2 the 'big one'

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by AznGuy510, Feb 12, 2005.

1. AznGuy510

AznGuy510 Member

i would like to know how to softmod it without use the swap thingy. like the guy on here http://www.xoxideforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=53088 did but he didnt tell all the steps in detail. u have to go down for then have the page to see wat he did. can someone help me trough this.

2. SCE

SCE Guest

that is not "softmoding" and will not let you play backups . it will only let you save origonals to a hard drive .

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2005
  3. AznGuy510

AznGuy510 Member

is it possible to transfer the games from pc to ps2 hardrive like the modded xbox

4. SCE

SCE Guest

no

5. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

actually you can. But you will still need to boot hd loader or hd advance to play the games off your hd.

6. SCE

SCE Guest

really ? the only thing i have ever seen for that is naplink and from what i understand you can only transfer progs/apps not games . then again i have never had a reason to do either so i never looked into it that much .

but if you are looking for a way around eiter swap discs or a chip (like softmoding an xbox) you are sol ..