1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Software for burning dvds

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Daffanee, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Daffanee

Daffanee Member

I am going to buy software to burn dvds and I would like to know what is the best and easy to use. Thank you

2. b_rad

b_rad Member

its hard to say exactly what is the best software to use and with the right knowledge they are are all easy to use. it would depend on what you want from your burning software. try out some freeware or trial versions first before laying out any cash for something that may not suit your needs
    good luck

3. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

There are tons of freebies; DVDFab Decrypter, RipIt4Me, DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter, VobBlanker, FixVTS, ImgBurn, etc. and yes you can rip and backup any dvd with these tools if you knows how to use them.

For newbies, I'd say go with the most easiest way as below:

<> DVDFab Decrypter to rip
    <> DVD Shrink to transcode (compress)
    <> ImgBurn to burn your final VIDEO_TS or ISO image

Here are some great guides http://www.dvdplusvideo.com/Guides.html (like Jigsaw said; "pick your choice.") We're entitled to our judgment and preference, but I prefer DVDFab Decrypter or RipIt4Me to rip and the rest is history -- however, the choice is yours.

4. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Absolutely follow Alkohol's advice about all these free programs They WORK. But after you get going with those and money's not tight, there is a paid for program ($39,$34 with coupon)with a free 21 day trial that will uncomplicate your tasks. AnyDVD is the program from slysoft.com It just sits on your pc and fools the pc into thinking the DVD is not encrypted. It is updated weekly and free for life. It allows you to use the programs alkohol suggests, Shrink and DVDDecrypter and also Nero Recode and (CloneDVD2 also from slysoft;) just EASIER. AnyDVD also contains a ripper and it protects your pc from the Sony rootkit crap that's on some of their cds.

5. b_rad

b_rad Member

hi guys,
    do you know of any software that can convert avi to dvd AND dvd to avi you guys seem to know what youre on about please help i have avis everywhere and once backed up (dvd format) i want to burn more than one avi onto a main source disk (i use magic iso maker, dont know why but it works) in the interest of preserving space on my hard drive (3.8gb available)instead of deleting after backup.
    please help im running out of space, but dont wanna part with my files.
    thankyou.

6. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

7. b_rad

b_rad Member

thanks and no offence to nero lovers but i try to avoid nero i find it unnecceseraly complicated,time consuming,and cluttered with a whole heap of crap that i'll never use, besides divxtodvd is so simple doesnt take all day to set up to find out that there is an error waiting when you click BURN. I need one program that converts dvd to avi and avi to dvd, forget the burning i got that covered. does a program like this exist? i mean it should,right? if one program can convert an avi to dvd and another can convert dvd to avi its not an immpossible feat. it would be more user friendly and satisfying to own a powerful tool like that, especially if your like me and prefer to spend more time with my kids instead of combing the internet for the right package or juggling around between 3 or 4 different programs its 2007 man cmon wheres the goodies we're working with old stuff here, this sux. and in regards to piracy all the programs you guys advised should work fine instead of tellin people what programs to use to copy stuff maybe you should tell them not to burn things instead of turning them into pyros, or maybe what flick they should buy next. just like you man im only tryin to help someone in their quest for information.
    peace bro

8. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

try googling "DVD to AVI" and see what you get.

9. b_rad

b_rad Member

ive tried googling every combination that i could think of thats how i ended up here.
    sorry for soundin like an A/hole before, some of the seniors that reply to newbies are pricks with useless information and act like the internet police.
    i do respect the forum rules and only wanna make friends and not be useless to them.
    thanks for not losin your cool garmoon,you offer great freindly advice, keep up the good work.
    im not sure you understand what im looking for but if you find anything be sure to let me know. my computer world knowledge is unsuperior and basic, i kinda like it that way, sorta like being happy without a brain, heat seekin pleasure machine, grasshopper.
    peace bro

10. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I googled it also and I could not find a DVD to AVI and AVI to DVD all in one program either. That's probably planned so you have to buy or use two programs. Surely there's a freebee some where which does both? Other Members feel free to chime in.

11. b_rad

b_rad Member

yeah garmoon, you da man thanks dude i really appreciate the effort you are an asset to afterdawn.com

12. b_rad

b_rad Member

how did you get dem cool eyes man?

13. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

online somewhere?

Edit:I see you started a thread asking about what you want. Better idea at least now everyone will see exactly what you want.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2007
  14. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Not sure, but I read that WinAvi supports avi to DVD and DVD to avi.