1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Software for changing key of MP3 files

Discussion in 'General audio discussion' started by Shinawill, Apr 12, 2008.

1. Shinawill

Shinawill Member

Hi,
    First timer here.My problem is this. I need software, preferably free as a downlaod, to change the key of MP3 backing tracks. I have come across software that does tis but this software also slows down the song. So what I'm looking for is software that doesn't ghange the tempo while changing the key. Any help would be appreiated.
    Tks
    Weddingswinger.ie

2. tlbonham

tlbonham Member

The Winamp Media Player with the Pacemaker plug-in is what I use for this and it works really well for me. You have to install the Winamp player first and then download the plugin for it. Hope this helps.

3. Shinawill

Shinawill Member

Brill. I had a look and it's exactly what I need. The only thing I need to know now is how to install a Winamp?
    Thanks for taking the time to reply.
    Regards
    weddingswinger.

4. tlbonham

tlbonham Member

Go to www.winamp.com The home page that loads up has a Free download for Winamp Version 5.53. While you are on that page, you will notice several yellow tabs across the top right above where you click the download button. You will see one that you can click on to get the plug-ins. I also think that there is a link within Winamp to get the plug-ins as well. We do Karaoke a lot and couldn't get along without Winamp and the pacemaker plugin. They also have a CDG plugin that will allow the CDGs to play on the computer screen.