1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Software for dual format (DVD-R)??

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by samintx, Feb 12, 2005.

1. samintx

samintx Regular member

It appears all there is in dual layer recorders is the DVD+R (strange to me)

Is there software to make backups for my DVDs? or just a dual recorder that is -R

Someone was trying 321 Studio software which is single layer...I want a one program duplicator. Not using two programs to make backups.

2. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

samintx--
    Currently the only dual layer blank DVD's are DVD+R DL and only 1 speed (2.4X)--not even RW type available yet--not to mention the fact that the ones that ARE available are very pricey--$8 each is the best I have seen--If you want to back up your DVD's with only one program, that is possible with AnyDVD running in the background (which takes out the encryption)

3. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

Sorry I forgot to tell you that CloneDVD is the program that will make the movie fit on a single layer disk and also burn it--Hope this info helps--both programs are NOT free but AnyDVD has a free 21 day trial. If you want free then DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter are the methods of choice in here--both work great and not hard to learn (But, that is 2 programs!) hehe

Whitfield

4. samintx

samintx Regular member

Thanks...what is wrong with Techinology!? I am surprised (or was surprised) when hunting for DL drives they were +R..I would thin -R would come first.

Guess I'll wait and be happy with what I have. I don't suppose there is any backup software that writes DVD+R. DVDClone which I use and 321 Studio and ICloneDVD2 only write to DVD-R