1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Software Needed

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Mr_Del, Apr 19, 2005.

1. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

You know how you most of the time go to a customers place to fix something. On the occasions where you have to re-do something you run into this problem. You ask the person for thier user names and passwords so you can put them back in. Most often thier answere is "I don't know". Without a call to the ISP or program maker and 5 hours later you will never know the information.

Here is what I need. I need a program that will extract the user names and passwords stored in windows. So I can have this information and save 5 hours. I am aware of a program called Secret Explorer. That program cost money. So I am looking for an alternative or maybe some freeware.

Thanks
    -Del

Last edited: Apr 19, 2005
  2. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

I know of a MSI program that does just what your after, Goto the link below, I only know of this app because i have a MSI board and it allows me to update via a bit of software which it gives me a list of things to install, i got a friend to install it to see if it would work on non msi boards.

You looking to download MSI PasswordKeeper its free so dont worry there ;-)

http://www.msi.com.tw/program/support/software/swr/spt_swr_detail.php?UID=528&kind=1

Hope this helps.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2005
  3. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

I installed the program you mentioned. Looks like this will only track Paswords put in after the program was installed. This is nice and all but it is not what I seek. I need to be able to install something on a customers computer that will allow me to see all curently stored passwords. The program will probaly get the info from the REG or somewhere else Windows may store them.

Thanks though
    -Del

4. Alien13

Alien13 Guest