1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Software only mod?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by ih4553, Jul 24, 2012.

1. ih4553

ih4553 Regular member

Been out of the modding scene for quite some time now... was told by a friend that he modded his 360 with just a usb drive and some software and now he can play all the backup games he wants.

Personally I think he's full of S**T, but I wanted to confirm. I've been researching it and they all seem like scams.

Is there a method of softmodding that doesn't require any hardware modification? All I want to be able to do is play backup games. I checked around a while ago and I had one of the only 2 drives going that couldn't be modded at the time so I was SOL.

Any updates that I should be aware of?

2. peluynati

peluynati Regular member

cannot be done, only drive that cannot be modded is liteon 1175, and hitachi 0500 all other drives can be modded!

3. ih4553

ih4553 Regular member

Ok, I have one of those drives then I think...

EDIT - found my old post, my drive is Liteon DG-165S with FW 1175... so I guess I'm screwed, oh well.

I figured my buddy was a lying d**khead, but I wanted to verify before I told him so! lol

Thanks for the info! :)

Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

xkey is an option

c4eva is working on the firmware for your model liteon,so one assumes there will be a flash method at some point

Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  5. ih4553

ih4553 Regular member

That's been since January though... I'm not too hopeful of it at this point.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  6. peluynati

peluynati Regular member

i know its hard to remember but the original slim firmware was not released for almost a year, with they're need to make money, they have to figure out the best way to release it so they earn the most profit, they also have to make it as noob friendly as possible, and get all of the probes made or whatever the additional needed hardware turns out to be. they also have to rework jungleflasher, it will be close to complete when that finally release the information and the firmware!