1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Software problem with ISOs and burning itself

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by ag22, Dec 5, 2004.

1. ag22

ag22 Regular member

I have a shit 4x NEC DVD-R burner but I think my problem is in software. i burn kid movies for my sisters and the most recent victim has been Elf. It took me 2 hours to burn it. Between reading it with DVD Shrik, Decryting with DVD decrypter and then burning with DVD decrypter it is such a long process that I have to be at my shit Dell computer. Today I went nuts downloading DVD1 click, DVD cloner, Nero 6, and DVD43 and in the end I found out that DVD decrypter and Shrink are the 2 best free makers on the market. DVD X Copy Gold served me well for 2 years burning full length movies in 40 minutes but after 321 went down I was screwed when I transfered to a newer PC.

Heres what I need:
    1.)Software that will quickly decrypt, shrink, and burn a DVD to fit one disc.
    2.)A compression software that will allow me to put multiple movies on one disc. The disc will only be played on a 5" screen so quality doesnt mean much.
    3.)Be ablt to put 1 full DVD on a CD. Again loss of quality doenst matter.
    4.) Being able to watch an ISO file on your computer.

I dont care what the software is, but I just want something proven... and free, but eMule can help me with that. Any help would be nice. I've been doing this for 6 months now and this 2 hours is killing me.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Is DMA enabled for your burner?

3. steimy

steimy Active member

Get VLC player and it will play ISO files on your computer, along with .Bin, .Cue and just about any other format. I like the player a lot, and it's free.

4. Nephilim

5. ag22

ag22 Regular member

DMA??? I have burned movies it is just a slow process so I think its enabled. Thanks for the iso player! :)

6. Nephilim

Well if it's taking two hours to burn you'd be well served to check that DMA is still enabled but if you don't want to that's fine :)

7. steimy

steimy Active member

sure thing AG22. hope you like it.
    By the way i have no idea what DMA is either, explain please.
    It always takes me about 2-3 hours to burn one using Nero myself. Games i can do in about 15 minutes, movies take forever.

8. Nephilim

9. ag22

ag22 Regular member

Yeah my DMA is enabled. I think its just a slow burner. im gonna buy Sony's 16x DL DVDR nxt week. I think thats the fastest on the market right now. Either that or a Memorex one. ANyways Im gonna give that a try.

10. Nephilim

Keep in mind that quality media is reqiured to realize the full speed rating. Low quality media often times won't live up to it's advertised speed rating :)

11. ag22

ag22 Regular member

Well I have a 4x burner and imitation 8x discs so I think it should runa t proper speeds. Im getting very frusterated now because I had a DVDon my hard drive, and ijust burned it and it took 56 minutes. Just to get it on to DVD, not to decrypt it or shrink it but just to burn it. That is rediculous.