1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

software question please help

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by fusion810, Nov 15, 2004.

1. fusion810

fusion810 Guest

Is there any program that you can break up a vcd into 2 discs that have bin and or cue files on them?

2. nachoguy

nachoguy Member

winavi. you have to extract the video file using isobuster. then open winavi and go at it. click on the big "dvd" button, then choose the file you extracted. then in output file section choose vcd(or svcd is thats what you want). then click on the advanced option and you want NTSC(if you live in north america) or PAL if you live elsewhere. then in the format choose 4:3 for playback on a tv and dvd player. then click on the output tab within the advanced page you were just on, and select the number of discs and the disc size(650MB if you are planning on splitting it up to fit on cd-rw so you can erase them later, or 800MB for cd-r).

this program is not the absolute best, and ive had a couple problems with it, but overall it converts nearly everything i throw at it successfully, and is by far the easiest converting program to use.

PS i had alot of problems with every version besides 5.7, which is what i use and recommend.

after you do that it should give you 2 MPEG files. now you can burn them to cds using nero...or you can actually use winavi i think...then rip them back onto your hard drive using nero, or isobuster or something like that. as far as going from MPEG to bin/cue without burning it...im not sure how to do that step yet.

3. nachoguy

nachoguy Member

i just remembered. you can use alcohol 120% and make a virtual drive. then go nero and instead of choosing your cd-rw drive choose the emulated drive and when you click burn it will just creat a cd image i think. its late and im not 100% positive on this.