1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Software Sugestions Please! DVD Authoring software.

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by honestabe, Jan 24, 2007.

1. honestabe

honestabe Member

Hey all,
    I could really use some advice here. Here's the deal. I'm looking for advice on a software package that will let me create dvd's from my captured video, create dvd photo slideshows, etc. I've been using Roxio Creator 6 for the past three years with mixed results. I recently upgraded to v8 simply for the dual-layer compatibility. What a mistake! Wow has this company hit rock-bottom. This suite is complete crap. Errors with every burn, patches and fixes from roxio that don't actually fix anything. I couldn't be more unimpressed with a software package.
    My computer is loaded.....P4 3.0 GHZ, 2GB RAM, 800 FSB, all patches and fixes from Microsoft, latest drivers across the board, blah, blah, blah. So, after numerous hours on the phone with Roxio, I've given up on this garbage. Do you have any suggestions on a package that will actually do what I need it to do? Any insight, advice, or personal experience would be truly appreciated. Maybe it's time to buy an Apple Mac.....wow, I never thought that I'd say that. Thanks in advance for your time and replies.

2. honestabe

honestabe Member

I know that this site is generally for subjects other then this, but I figured that this would be the best place to get answers from some serious and hardcore users.

Should I be looking at the latest Nero for my needs? Or something from Pinnacle? Thanks again.