1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Software to convert h256 to h264

Discussion in 'Convert video to another format' started by sandyfoot, Mar 2, 2017.

1. sandyfoot

sandyfoot Member

I have received several video files encoded in h265 that I need to convert to h265.
    I have players that play h265 just fine but other people I need to share the videos with, do not.

Have tried Handbrake, Any Video Converter and Brosoft.
    Video converts O.K. but sound seems to be off every time.

Any Recommendations?

2. movielover

movielover Member

Would you mind that it is a paid software? I originally want to recommend you Handbrake, but you have had it.;)
    Actually, Handbrake doesn't support NVIDIA CUDA so it will be very slow to re-encode HEVC codec video. But it is free after all.
    You also can try Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate. This video converter is recommended in this article: http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/the-top-tools-that-can-encode-x265-video/
    Of course, you also can use another HEVC converter suggested in this article, 265 UHDcode. Handbrake is also recommended here.
    Well, I used pavtube Video Converter Ultimate and it performed perfectly. I used it to convert H.264 to H.265 to compress my video size and it worked fast cause it supports NVIDIA CUDA acceleration. It also can convert H.265 to H.264. Rich formats to output like MP4, MKV, MOV, etc.

3. sandyfoot

sandyfoot Member

The latest Handbrake will work O.K. as long as you pretty much do not change orig. video settings, other than to x264, especially the sound settings. Yes it takes quite a long time but the file size is near the original.

Last edited: May 12, 2017