1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Software to rip a single episode at highest quality?

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by jdmba, Jul 31, 2007.

1. jdmba

jdmba Member

Greets,

I have a realtive who is a writer, and every time one of her TV episodes airs, I have been capturing it. However, now that shows are coming out on DVD, I would like to get a much better (e.g., digital) copy by ripping the episode off a DVD. I figure (and PLEASE correct me if I am wrong), that the quality of a rip from DVD will be much better than the Yellow-Red-White (analog) copy off of a DVR.

Can someone please let me know what program would give me the highest quality rip of a single episode from a DVD?

Thanks!

2. vtowner

vtowner Regular member

Yes the quality probably will be better if you rip it from a factory DVD.

But as far as programs ripping the DVD, they will all rip at the same quality as long as you don't compress it. To rip the individual episodes you can use DVDDecypter in IFO mode and you can select the episode and rip it to your hard drive.

3. cali2hous

cali2hous Member

Hi,

I used DVD decrypter to convert a couple of chapters only from the whole DVD and it saved them as VTS_03_1.VOB, VTS_03_0.IFO, and VTS_03_2.VOB.

Now how do I convert this into a DVD or avi or mpeg format ?

Thanx for help,
    Cali.

4. vtowner

vtowner Regular member

Talk about hijacking a thread, but hey i'm a nice guy.

The only files you'll need are the .vob files. You won't need the .ifo or the .txt files that DVDDecrypter may have ripped. You can use AutoGK to convert the files to avi.

AutoGK is pretty easy to use. All you have to do is select the file you want to convert( in your case it is the .vob file) and you can go into the advanced settings and set your resolution and sound settings.

Also you won't have to set the target size to be very high considering these are only chapters. I'm supposing that they are about 10-15 min so 150 MB should be more than enough. And it shouldn't take too long as these are just chapters.

5. rosewater

rosewater Guest

spam removed

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2007