1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Solder

Discussion in 'PS2' started by acedamace, Aug 8, 2003.

1. acedamace

acedamace Member

Is there any soldering places in chicago I can take my ps2 to get my modchip solder or just some place that owuld do it cheap with no questions asked?

2. robert34

robert34 Guest

if you dont mind sending it out, i think the best place to send it to is modchipman. Does great installs and prices are very good.

http://modchipman.com

3. acedamace

acedamace Member

ok ya im a lil poor but its a thought if there is nuthing else to do anyone else has suggestions or know anywhere

4. acedamace

acedamace Member

5. POade

POade Member

modchipman.com is selling magic3.1 for $15, they say its not a clone but i got a cheap clone from a site saying for sure it isn't a clone (they sent a blue one thats giving me all sorts of problems-its nuts), the picture they show looks red but not like the one they sell at modchip.ca for $45. can anyone tell me if this $15 chip is a original or a clone, i need 100% original mods. seems like the answer is obvious but if anyone can respond with something, it'll be great appreciated.

6. POade

POade Member

well, i've had this blue magic 3 for a while after i totally fuxOrd' my v4 , i kept it till i got a new ps2 which i have 3 now, all different version and none work. i knoe this because i tried the ps1 test on each (installing 5v,Rst,Gnd, and S adding shorter(centimer for Gnd),thicker wire for 5v and Gnd)
    after several unsuccesfull attempts at booting ps1 backups using any boot order i heard of, i said fusk it, i'll just go ahead an install everything +clip on a brand new v5. i did all this today very slowly and checking every solder joint with a ammeter and to my suprise i pop in a ps1 backup and it doesn't work, so my only conclusion is that it has to be a clone, or i am just retarded.
    OH, everything else works except for dvd backups ofcourse, but when i took out the 5v on the chip, thinking it would stop playing everything it gives me the red screen while booting ps1 originals, gives me a setting screen where i got to choose a language time and country when i try to boot ps2 dvd(vice city) this is weird because another ps2 dvd worked just fine (msg 2)without 5v so, i have no idea if the chip can work without 5v and why would it give me a red screen with ps1 originals.. i guess i'll recheck S and put back 5v, it's late. tommorow PS2 WILL BE MINE!!

sleep.