1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Soldering question

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by JThunder, Mar 11, 2007.

1. JThunder

JThunder Member

So after a month, I'm finally being sent a Cyclowiz Modchip (since at the time, the WiiKey was still a bit mysterious). It will be arriving here this coming Wednesday, and I have a few soldering questions that I can't seem to find on Google or here (yes, I'm not experienced at soldering).

I'm planning on soldering the chip by wires, but am a bit mixed on the soldering process. I heard that I need to add flux to the tip of the wire and the soldering points, add solder to the soldering iron tip and the wires, and solder onto the point, but not exactly sure how to do it.

Any advice or help? thanks.

2. MaxBurn

MaxBurn Regular member

3. hapyfnbal

hapyfnbal Member

I used a 15W soldering iron I got from RadioShaq and it got plenty hot. I'm a total novice, but it worked for me. I've heard of people burning stuff up with a 30W iron. Use some really small wire too...the wire that was sent with my wiiKey was perfect. I should warn you though, soldering a modchip in a wii is a pretty difficult thing to do.