1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Soldering Wires

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by pspfreak9, May 27, 2007.

1. pspfreak9

pspfreak9 Guest

Instead of soldering wires could tape tem with electrical tape. And if so is there a risk if one of the wires comes lose?

2. pspfreak9

pspfreak9 Guest

3. Thinone

Thinone Regular member

ur meant to edit your original post not post twice

as per ur question theres always a risk if a wire comes loose

4. pspfreak9

pspfreak9 Guest

If one of the wires comes loose it wont brick will it or short? And it is ok to put tape on the wiis motherboard and the modchip or will it not work?

5. Thinone

Thinone Regular member

when ppl talk about bricked wiis its due to a incorrect region firmware update not through loose wires
    loose wires can cause shorts, it could wipe the eeprom through a short
    it may simply work and not work intermittantly who knows

6. pspfreak9

pspfreak9 Guest

So if the wiere come loose it will cause a short?

7. N0_0ne

N0_0ne Regular member

yes if i wire comes loose and makes contact with a point on the motherboard or with another wire it could very well cause I short, I suggest you buy yourself a 15 or 20 watt soldering iron and go to it, its a very easy install. you can find a wii disassembly guide via google and the wiikey homepage has the install guide. Im not very good with soldering and I havent fucked anything up yet man, Ive done ps2, xbox, wii, gamecube, just take you time man, but I certainly wouldnt try to do it with just electrical tape man, your're just asking for trouble with that method

8. pspfreak9

pspfreak9 Guest

K, thank i just wanted to ask cause im afraid of burning of the points or the circuit.

9. N0_0ne

N0_0ne Regular member

ya I agree thats a concern, but as long as you use a 15 or 20watt iron you should be fine, I was doing it with a 45 watt iron until I melted a point but I simply traced the point to a chip on the board and soldered it there, and it works, just so you know if that were to happen theres a plan b, but like I said as long as you're using a low watt iron you'll be safe