1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Soldering

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Viper3, Apr 4, 2007.

1. Viper3

Viper3 Regular member

I was trying to mod my xbox360 controller and I always have trouble. I go to radio shack and buy the 15-watt soldering iron, solder, and some copper braid and it's just so difficult getting those small spots. Am I using a good soldering iron or what? I feel like I'm missing something. Like I'm using a huge soldering iron for a small spot. Thanks.

2. chubbyInc

chubbyInc Regular member

I'm a little curious on what a modded controller will do, care to explain.

Can you find a smaller soldering gun?

3. Sandwich1

Sandwich1 Guest

You can mod a 360 controller with lights in the buttons or different coloured SMDs in the ring of light. ..Try using a smaller pointy bit on you soldering iron. You can make or buy one. (they're supposed to come out just like drill bits only all you have to do is loosen a screw.

4. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

yeah, if you need to you can get a grinder and grind it down, use like a dremal or something

5. Viper3

Viper3 Regular member

It's still pretty small. I just don't know how to make the solder go to a small spot so that it doesn't cover up other holes and make a connection that wasn't previously there. Does anyone have a reccomendation on the solder sucker or do you think the braid should do just fine because I have a problem desoldering as well, but that may be because of the size of the bit.

6. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

just be careful, i never have issues soldering anything