1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sole Trader Tax Return Nov 15th

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by gmcg, Oct 28, 2007.

1. gmcg

gmcg Member

HI,
    Im looking for abit of advise on making my tax return for Nov 15th. A friend of mine said he will make it for me as he is registered for online filing.
    Firstly im a sole trader that set up in sept 05'. I have a full time job also where i work 9-5. I wouldnt have a large turn over prob about 20K from sept 05 - dec 06. I need to find out what i need to submit to my friend inorder for him to give me a figure of what i need to pay the revenue.

Is the return based on total sales or sales less purchases and expenses??
    Also what other things can i include to reduce the total payable as my registered address for the business is my apartment can i include any expences relating to this??

Thanks,

G.

2. aldan

aldan Active member

sounds like you need to talk to an accountant.

3. pacman33

pacman33 Guest

Yeah dude, talk to an accountant.
    Whats your business? If you don't mind me asking?
    And if you have been running this since 05, shouldn't you know how to do it already? did someone do it for you? did you evade tax last year :wink: lol nah just kidding.
    I think you should go online, and just red read read dude.
    Ill tell you this, I'm starting up a cleaning service within the next year, but in the last month or so, I have read more then 3 books and I don't know how many hours I have spent online reading about stuff also. Its not easy stuff.
    Ill tell you this, even after reading all that crap I know barely anything about taxes and crap.
    Why do you think accountants make good money? Lol its cause the crap is impossible.