1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Solution for all of those having trouble with san andreas

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by c2sellit1, Oct 26, 2004.

1. c2sellit1

c2sellit1 Regular member

So you are having slow loading times and sometimes areas wont load? Here is your solution.

If you have backed up the game you might have those possible problems.

Now to fix them

Take out the disc and turn on the console. it will come on and you will see "Browser" and "Configuration"

Ignore those, What you really want is in your bottom right hand corner you will "version" Press the button it desires you to push, I believe it is "Triangle" Now that you pressed "Triangle". Go into the driver speed section, you will have 2 choices "standard" or "fast" Choose the configuration "fast" and then load your game...Boom most problems solved, the game has been running flawlessly for about an hour or 2 now...Good stuff....

However their is one problem to this solution, you have to set the configuration everytime you turn off your ps2 and turn it on again...But it works.

2. BerinG

BerinG Member

Really? I thought it saved the configuration.. I changed it once for another game but didn't go back to check it after that..

3. c2sellit1

c2sellit1 Regular member

No, I had switched it off and on and it didnt save...It might if you dont turn it off from the back, but I always do.

4. BerinG

BerinG Member

oh ok that may be true.. i always shut it off with the front button.. (leaving the red led on).. usually dont use the back I/O unless im moving it..

it'd be interesting to find out..

is yours modded?

5. c2sellit1

c2sellit1 Regular member

I've got flip top with swap magic, but thinking about putting a hard drive in it but no network adaptor and it sounds like a pain the ass. I will just stick with my swap discs.

6. BerinG

BerinG Member

yeah wanted to put a chip in mind but even worse.. so sticking to the swap magic too for now hehe

7. c2sellit1

c2sellit1 Regular member

Swap is really conveinent, I dont mind the swapping I did it with my ps1 so this isnt really a bother.

Plus it doesnt cost me a lot to back them up, I get my dvd+r for like $7.99 a 25 pack which isnt bad.

8. c2sellit1

c2sellit1 Regular member

Swap is really conveinent, I dont mind the swapping I did it with my ps1 so this isnt really a bother.

Plus it doesnt cost me a lot to back them up, I get my dvd+r for like $7.99 a 25 pack which isnt bad.