1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Solutions for popular problems....

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Toiletman, Nov 6, 2003.

1. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Okay, I'm kinda sick of seeing all these problem threads when they can be solved by buring at 1x. This is just me being lazy as I can't be pissed to post in all threads. I hope someone makes this a sticky.

Anyway here are some solutions for problems with booting or playing back-ups:-

1. Make sure your modchip is installed properly. Pay the extra money for a professional install. It's worth it. Otherwise, you may find that your PS2 is now a toaster that doesn't work....

2. Always burn at 1x. Sometimes if you burn at 2x or 3x even, the back ups may not work. So burn at 1x. Afterall, if you're not pirating games and selling them, a couple of days won't hurt (that much)...

3. Use reliable media. Don't use some brand named "Unreliable DVD-Rs".

Feel free to add more suggestions and I'll edit the thread when I think of some more.

2. brad1102

brad1102 Guest

To add one to the list:

4. Know which modchip you have in your machine and read the documentation on it (how it works/operates) before posting any threads about problems you are having. So many useless threads are started because someone failed to read their documentation.

3. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

5. try using the search function as members get fed up of answering the same question time after time

4. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

I have always burned at MAX speed, currently 48x for CD and 2x for DVD but if I had a 4x or 8x DVD burner I would! I don't think always burning at 1x will solve alot but it can help at times.

Devilhunt - LOL! Your reply is really funny! 100% True and I agree, but it's part of the forum. I just show them the link to the search so as to get them going in the right direction.

5. Xian

Xian Regular member

Know what model PS2 you have and it's limitations. For example I have seen several people saying that their DVD +R backup isn't working and find out that they have a PS2 v4 or lower.

PS2 v1-3 uses DVD -R, will not work with +R

PS2 v4 hit or miss, some work with +R some don't, best to stick to -R to be sure

PS2 v5+ works with either DVD -R or +R

You can find instructions to determine your version at several places on the net, heres one: http://www.psxmodchipcentral.com/shopping/installGuide/version.html

6. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

When asking about the gameshark working with backed up games it works with V1-6 anything above that will not work.The new Swap Magic discs should fix this problem.

7. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Wow...... actual feedback!!! *eyes fill with tears*

8. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

I shouldn't have made that post.

9. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Sticky this anyone?

10. brad1102

brad1102 Guest

Hey Toiletman - wipe yer ass - get off the pot - and quit posting to this thread!

11. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Why??? Would save quite a lot of posting space. Make sure this is a sticky please.

12. Hanedrick

Hanedrick Regular member

Also when making a backup, burn an image file to the HD first and then burn it to a dvdr/cd-r. A lot of times a game will not work if you burn it "on the fly" whereas it will work if you burn an image file first. Another reason is if you burn "on the fly" and you get a burn error because your disc is dirty or something then you now have coaster whereas if you get an error burning an image file you can just clean your disc, delete the incomplete image, and try again without having to waste any discs. _X_X_X_X_X_[small]You are probably wondering how I came up with the name Hanedrick. Well... the name Hanedrick is a very distorted version of my sisters name and I call her that whenever I want to get on her nerves which is like 24/7.
    Version 5 ps2.
    Fliptop Cover/smd[/small]

Last edited: Dec 7, 2003
  13. stunn611

stunn611 Regular member

hey HANEDRICK, what do u mean by " on the fly"?

14. stunn611

stunn611 Regular member

can i just burn the dvd game like how i did with cd based game? u put the game in the dvd rom and the blank disc in the dvd burner and click burn. i have successfully burn games like that but not sure if it work cause i didn't get my ps2 back from the shop yet.

15. brad1102

brad1102 Guest

He means that instead of burning from one drive to the other in one shot, make the destination drive the same as the source drive, making the software create an image of the source disc, to burn to the destination disc.

This eliminates any 'buffer underrun' errors (burps and blips), that even the best software packages sometimes fail to detect.

16. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

}{bump}{

17. account

account Guest

another thing is don't burn with other programs running (i burn at the highest i can and have only had a couple bad burns)