1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[SOLVED] GDR8082N + Win7x64 + friidump 0.4.0

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii' started by flibitijibibo, Jan 12, 2011.

1. flibitijibibo

flibitijibibo Member

Currently trying to dump games from a GDR8082N0106. It reads normal discs, but when I put in a Wii disc it simply spins up and down for a few minutes, then gives up until something calls the drive (like Explorer) to do it all over again.

I've tried RawDump 2.1 which doesn't work (Win7x64), and friidump 0.4.0 hangs at initializing the drive until I eject the disc, where it finds the drive, says it's unsupported, then fails anyway because the disc isn't in the drive.

Is there a specific firmware I should be using? It should be noted that I cannot (and will not) use a USBLoader or mod my Wii in any fashion, so my only option is to dump from a drive.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Found a solution. Not sure if this is standard procedure, but if you run the program, THEN put the disc in ("Retrieving disc seeds"), it works after a minute or so. Silly me?
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
  2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

i don't know why you refuse to use usb loaders. they are way more stable, and faster, than backup discs. not to mention, direct ripping to the hard drive.