1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some 3DS help please.

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by Chris_1, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Chris_1

Chris_1 Member

So i have a Nintendo 3DS, I want to use an R4 card with this but i am not sure what i am doing.

I know 3DS games can not be played on the R4 card.

Basicly my 3DS is on ver. 2.1.0-3E It asks me if i want to update when i turn on but i have avoided doing so just incase this effects the ability to use an R4 card.

Can some 1 tell me exactly what to do, to enable me R4 card useage.

A step by step guide would be great. Im really stuck here and dont want to go out spending money on stuff then it doesnt work.

I was looking at this,

R4i Gold 3DS Card (r4ids.cn) - Nintendo 3DS 2.1.0-4E & DSi XL 1.4.3 Compatible - Supporting Wood Firmware

Is that the right kind of card i should be useing?

Also could any 1 confirm this website as legit? www.r4i-gold.co.uk ???

And if not does any 1 have a recomendation of a safe website to use.

Thanks for the help. If you need to know anything else just ask and ill help as best i can.

Cheers Chris.

2. GBX_Lee

GBX_Lee Regular member

Do not by R4 Brand, try acekard 2i.
    I recommend slickdoor.com to buy it, they will help you install the firmware if you buy microSD together.

3. Mickoz74

Mickoz74 Active member

can use an R4 i wouldn't though so many versions of it around makes it to hard finding firmware.

4. Dylanbug

Dylanbug Member

If you want to find a R4i card which can work on your 3DS V2.1.0-4 or DSi V1.43, r4i gold 3ds ( http://www.oz3ds.com/product.php?id_product=28 )uses wood firmware is your best choose. Or choose a acekard 2i instead, both are easy cards for you.

Actuallt you can update the 3DS console to V2.1.0-4 , because the r4i gold or ackeard 2i can work on the latest firmware with their latest firmwares. Dont worry about it.

5. Chris_1

Chris_1 Member

Thanks for all the help guys i think im gonna go with the R4i Gold card. Thanks again.

6. jerry5134

jerry5134 Member

Yeah, as we know R4i gold is the easiest 3DS flashcard, even a newbie can get there. I bought 1pcs from lightake two months ago and they arrived OK without any issues.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2011