1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

some advice please?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by zincy, Jun 18, 2004.

1. zincy

zincy Member

i have old verison jap ps2(i think verison 3) with a messiah 2 chip fitted. My problem is that the laser has broken 2 times on me. It will cost me £60 to replace it. But the question i'm asking is should i just buy a new ps2 and get it chipped with the messiah 2 chip and bin the old one? or should i give my old one one more try?

thanks

2. bigboneli

bigboneli Guest

I've yet to have my first PS2 die on me, only had it since X-mas this year, but I decided from day one that if/when it starts to give me troubles that don't justify spending money on it, i'll just have my local tech re and re the chip to a new machine. As by then, I'll have learned a lot more from forums like this one as to what versions in particular I should look for. And as the prices are dropping daily on new ps2's, getting it repaired for a 3rd or fourth time is like throwing good money after bad.

3. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

sometimes its better to buy a new one... than just trying to fix old one again.. so it would brake again...

4. chaos321

chaos321 Guest

i would go with the new one

5. zincy

zincy Member

thanks for the help
    looks like im off to get a new ps2 :(
    hmm are any version thats more stable for the messiah 2? as in wears the laser less? i heard there was some problems with verion 9?

6. bigboneli

bigboneli Guest

just mix in a dms3 amd you'll be set. ;)
    sorry, that don't help ya squat now, does it
    DMS!
    w00t