1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some backups won't play

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jroyale, Oct 15, 2007.

1. jroyale

jroyale Member

Backing up my dvd's and i'm getting about 20% playable issue. They will all play on my sony dvd player but not on my samsung. Yes, the media is fine (takes both + and - r)so is this just a samsung issue (would seem weird that it would play some and not others with the same media and burner) or could it be a .img .iso issue? I've made them into iso's and image files and then burn image to disc with nero. Has anybody heard of discs not playing because of the type of container?

I used to use magic dvd and when I used that they worked every single time...switched because I wanted image files to mount.

2. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

If you notice the files burned to DVD in file or ISO format turn out the same once burned to the DVD. Normally you have a Video_TS folder with IFO, BUP, and VOB files. Sometimes you'll see an Audio_TS folder, but those are usually blank. I've never seen anything in one. The audio fo the DVD is included in the Video_TS folder.

Player-DVD issues are usually related to media compatibility. If it's playing some DVDs and not others, I'd think it's not a bad optical head or anything along those lines.

3. jroyale

jroyale Member

Thanks for the reply...the only problem is that it worked when I wasn't copying iso's or img files. Everything played. So i'm thinking it has something to do with that or the software.

Thanks.

4. res2cue

res2cue Guest

have you changed media types? For instance I have seen first hand TDK play in some players fine but other players it will not play in...