1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some backups work, others don't?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by etali, Apr 22, 2005.

1. etali

etali Member

Hi all

I've managed to get my swapmagic working thanks to you guys, and I followed the instructions for backing up games.

I've had one CD game work just fine, one DVD game work fine with the DVD Swapmagic, and one that will only work with the CD swapmagic and the method where you insert a larger TOC disk, then swap to the backup.

I've had several other DVD games not work at all.

I'm burning them with the same media, and at single speed. Sometimes they say 'Insert a valid ps 2 disc' immediately and sometimes they just sit there, don't spin up, don't do anything and the swap magic just locks at that screen for ages, then eventually error with the same message.

The successful backups were made using Nero - after reading on here I tried DVD Decryptor for ripping the disc to start with, then Nero to burn but that has made no difference.

Any advice would be appreciated - is there something I'm missing or is swap magic really that random?

Thanks in advance.

2. witton

witton Regular member

what games are they,some games need fixes to work with swapmagic check out swapmagicfix.com

3. etali

etali Member

Thanks for the advice.

I checked that site and it said that the fixes were for Swap Magic 2? I have 3.6 - do the same fixes work with that?

4. witton

witton Regular member

fixes are already on 3.6,again what game is giving you grief.

5. etali

etali Member

The 'important' ones I had a problem with are SSX Tricky and Red Ninja.

I've managed to back up things like Project Zero, Burnout 2, Dynasty Warriors 4 and several others without problems. I can't figure out if theres any difference between the games that are working and ones that aren't.

I've backed up a couple of CD games and they all worked fine though - it's only DVD ones that seem to be acting up.

6. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

try special boot, i think its square instead of x.