1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some disc don't boot

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by m2cyclone, Jun 1, 2004.

1. m2cyclone

m2cyclone Member

I'm having problems with my PS2 and DMS3 reading the disc during boot.
    I've had the Ps2 since Jan. this year.. and got it modded about a month ago.
    My problem is:
    Most of the time, I have to reboot the PS2 in order to get it to read the disc. Mostly with copied games on -format, but sometimes it happens on originals games.
    Sometimes it goes all the way through the Playstation Screen and then just a black screen.. while other times it says, put in a PS2 disc. and other times it goes to the Browser/configuration menu..
    Sometimes a reboot works and other times, just ejecting the disc works.
    Any ideas.. Is this a dirty laser problem or a DMS install problem?

thanks in advance
    mike

2. daPhoenix

daPhoenix Guest

Which firmware are you using for your DMS3? I had simular problems in a system that I had recently upgraded to the new 2.2 firmware. I also had something like that happen with the 1.6c firmware. But with the 1.6c it woud sometimes recognize a game as a movie if I did not hold down the X button to put it in boot mode. Also what version of PS2 do you have?

3. m2cyclone

m2cyclone Member

I have Ps2 v9 with dms 1.8 loaded.
    Can't find 2.2 anywhere.
    Another odd thing, I can get most of the disc to work if I boot without a disc and then let it go to the browser screen and then load the disc.
    Usually sees it then.. But still not all disc will work.. even the originals..
    Might try aligning the laser to see if that is the problem.

thanks

4. daPhoenix

daPhoenix Guest