1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

some DVD Rips work while other don't using the same settings????

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by bigge64, Oct 17, 2007.

1. bigge64

bigge64 Member

Hey Guys,

I've been having some trouble for awhile now and thought I would see if anyone has the same issue. I have .avi files that I convert with ConvertXtoDVD. Once the conversion is done, I then use DVD Shrink to burn the files. After these are burnt, most will play in any DVD player that I put them in, but some do not. I get my .avi files from the same person and use the EXACT same programs, burn speed, and disks. It's like my system just picks and choosing which ones to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. attar

attar Senior member

Assuming that the disks are good, etc.

With ConvertX, if the source AVI is PAL and the conversion is set for 'Automatic', then PAL DVD files are produced.
    Many (North American) standalone DVD players won't play PAL disks.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2007
  3. MysticE

MysticE Active member

DVDShrink has no burning capabilities, you are inserting an unneeded step.

4. bigge64

bigge64 Member

Thanks guys. It worked once I changed the setting from automatic. In regards to not using Shrink, I have tried to just use Nero to burn the .vob files, but I can never get the DVD to load properly in a DVD player after a sucessful burn. I'm already aware that Shrink doesn't need to be run after being converted, so I'm going to just try using ConvertXtoDVD again for burning. Any other suggestions, just let me know.

5. gurnard

gurnard Regular member

Hi :)
    the on board burner with convertx does the job quite well...with the added advantage that regardless of file size it auto sizes it to fit the disk selected...so shrink becomes as stated....
    having said that...set your target size to 4300/4360Mb to stay clear of the edge of the disc.

6. skyryder

skyryder Member

@ bigge64: what version of nero are you running????If its 8 i would understand as there are still some teething problems with it when burning , not all mine work either so i went back to 7.