1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some DVD-R's not recognized

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by GriFF3n, Sep 11, 2007.

1. GriFF3n

GriFF3n Member

I just bought a bunch of 50 Verbatim DVD-R's to burn with my Pioneer DVR-112D. The problem is the first 10 or so from the bunch burned great. For some reason the next 10-20 are not spinning up or being recognized by the burner. I looked at the discs and their not scratched up and the dyes not bleeding or anything. Does anybody have any insight on this? Thanks,

GriFF

2. GriFF3n

GriFF3n Member

Bump for some help

3. JoeRyan

JoeRyan Active member

My first guess is that your drive is not working properly. Go to Device Manager in My Computer (I'm assuming you are running Windows) and uninstall the drivers for the drive. Reboot, and Windows ought to recognize the drive and reinstall the drivers. If that does not work, there are other checks for your drive to determine if it is working properly.

There is always the possibility that the bottom discs have a problem, but that is very unlikely.

4. GriFF3n

GriFF3n Member

There all working now. I updated my Nero and firmware. Burning like a brush fire now.

GriFF