1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some dvd's with avi play, orthers not... why???

Discussion in 'PS2' started by akipakie, Mar 2, 2007.

1. akipakie

akipakie Member

Happy to have finally installed my PS2 v15 with crystal 2.0.

Using SMS media player to play dvd's with avi movies. Some old dvd's play, but the ones I burn with my also brand new Dell XPS with Vista are not recognized... I tried various burning tools, wasting 12 dvds to see "Babel"...

Anyone recognizes the problem?

Thanks a million for your advice!

2. BIGnewb

BIGnewb Guest

why dont u just convert the .avi to dvd format (divxtodvd software) and then burn a movie using to .vob dvd files.a lot better and reliable!plus what media are you using?

3. akipakie

akipakie Member

Why not convert to dvd format? Because that is 1) quite a hassle and 2) taking up more space and 3) cannot save multiple movies to one dvd disk.

I am using both cd-rom -r disks as well as dvd-r.

The problem is that some old dvd-r disks work, that also have a number of different avi movies burnt on them (by a different pc with a different burner and the program Pinnacle InstantCD).

I also got 1 cd-r to work with my new xps pc and new burning software, but not any dvd-r. I tried burning at 2x speed instead of possible 8x, still no luck. Is there any manual on what program to use to burn (and close?), at what speed etc.?

Note that the DVD-r media I am using work perfect on playing my backed up PS2 games, that are also burnt on my xps pc with the same software.