1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some Easy Questions About 360 Backups

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by y2drew, May 5, 2007.

1. y2drew

y2drew Member

Hi. I'm planning on flashing my 360, but I have a some questions and a little problem if you guys could help me out.

1) Do backups have to be burned onto DVD+R discs?
    2) I have a Samsung drive. Is it right that XBOX games have to be on dual-layer discs too? Or is this just Hitachi drives?
    3) I read that XBOX games have to be Xtreme patched to play on the 360. I already have loads of backup XBOX games that I used to run on the old modded XBOX, can these be patched or do I have to rip the original game again and patch it at the same time?

And now for the problem. I flashed my PC DVD-ROM drive (TSSTcorp DVD-ROM SH-D162C TS04) with Kreon's 0.81 firmware and my games can now be ripped fine. But anytime I insert a movie or data disc or anything, it says the disc is blank...?

Any help would be appreciated?

Thanks!

2. AlekSash

AlekSash Member

1. xbox 360 games have to be burned on DVD+/-R DL dics
    2. not to sure if the games have to be on dl too, i have original halo 2 n works fine, nvr tried my stack of 120 burned games on the 360
    3. not sure of this

i have the same drive as you, and i have another drive, my dvd dl burner which reads all the cds/dvds,

3. TY4ever

TY4ever Regular member

Xbox360 backups should be on DVD+R DL media.If you have the samsung drive then your xbox backups can be burned on single layer media unlike the hitachi drives which need them to be on dual layer.

4. theridges

theridges Guest

Yes they have to be xtreme patched

5. y2drew

y2drew Member

Thanks for the replies guys, you've been very helpful!

So 360 backups DO have to be on dual-layer.
    XBOX backups can be on single-layer because I have a Samsung drive.

How do I patch original XBOX games to work with the Xtreme firmware? Do Is it just like ripping a 360 game using Schtrom 360 Xtract?
    Do I need the original again to patch or can I patch a backup?

Any help with the drive problem?

Last edited: May 6, 2007