1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some formatting advice please

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mb1, Feb 1, 2007.

1. mb1

mb1 Member

For a while now I have been using DVDFab, DVDDecrypter and DVDShrink to copy DVD's onto DVD+R media. I just bought a new PC that has a dual layer DVD±R/RW drive with lightscribe. I don't plan on using the Lightscribe because I also got an Epson R340.

My question is should I switch to using DVD-R since they are cheaper? And if I'm using DVDShrink is there any reason to switch to using Dual layer?

Thanks,

Matt

2. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

I use Verbatim dvdr- SL disc for movies I have not even used a DL disc yet for one thing they cost to much if you have no real reason for a DL save your money and use the SL.

3. mb1

mb1 Member

So SL DVD-R is the way to go because its the cheapest without any drawbacks?

4. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

Yea the inportant thing is the brand of disc if they are not made in Japan don't buy them the only Brand disc that are not made in Japan that will work is Verbatim! I cant find any around here that are made in Japan .

5. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

oh yea burn at 4x or 8x for movies (Long live Verbatim DVDR- 16x) $13.99 for 50 blanks

6. mb1

mb1 Member

I always used Verbatims. I haven't bought any inkjet printables yet but I thought I heard that supermediastore.com sells all good stuff. TY, ritek and verbatim

7. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

sounds like you are on the right track, Burn Baby Burn