1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some games not working?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Googlrr, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Googlrr

Googlrr Member

Some games aren't working. My backups that is. My Kingdom hearts 2 backup works perfectly. A little slow on loading but I burned it too fast and I don't mind that.

My Musou Orochi disc though, is not working. Why is this. Do some games just not worked backed up? It was burned on a DVD-R 8x memorex.

I burned it at a good slow speed. Any ideas as to why this disc wont load?

If the loading method matters, I'm using a Swap Magic CD that I used to load Cogswap. With cogswap I tried loading both Kingdom Hearts and Orochi. Only kingdom hearts works. Musou Orochi does not. Is it possible that it wont work because Musou Orochi is a JAP game and I'm using a USA PS2? Is Cogswap region free? Any ideas on how to work this?

2. immortal5

immortal5 Regular member

I don't know about the specific game you're talking about but some games need to be rebuilt in order to work with swap magic. The media you used is the worst possible media you can use so that could be why you have loading problems with kingdom hearts 2 and why the other game won't work at all. Some games need really good media to work. Try the better stuff like Taiyo Yuden, Verbatim, or Sony.

3. Googlrr

Googlrr Member

So if I went out and bought some good Sony DVDs and burned them at about a 4x speed after I rebuilt the file do you think it would work? I guess I'll give it a try.

Thanks for the response ^_^

4. Googlrr

Googlrr Member

Well I bought some Maxell DVD-r which appear to be 1st class media. I'm gonna try to rebuild the ISO (even though I don't think its needed because its only 3.5gb) and then burning it at an 8x speed (the disc is 16x max). I'll post if I can get it working tomorrow.

edit: osht, sorry. I double posted D=. I missed the edit button on this site ;-;

Last edited: Jun 26, 2007