1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some General game problems using Swap magic

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by Duvelken, Mar 15, 2005.

1. Duvelken

Duvelken Guest

Hello you all i'm using Swap Magic 3.3 with slide tool but i'm encountering some SERIOUS problems.

I use the three following media dvd's :
    Sony DVD-R 1-4x speed
    TDK DVD-R 1-8x speed
    Maxell DVD-R 1-4x speed

And i use the DVD Decrypter program and PPO-patic and Isobuster when its necessary

Ok i'm encountering serious difficulties with the following games:

Tom Clancy's ghost recon 2
    doesn't work at all, tried DVD loader but can't get it to work. Can someone explain very clearly how to make this work? Also do i burn the DVD loader on a CD or a DVD?

Tom Clancy's splinter cell pandora tomorrow
    same problem

Tom Clancy's Rainbox Six 3
    same problem

Need for speed underground 2
    Burnt it the regular way, it plays but it keeps freezing and then restaring in the game .. the entire time .. interruptions in music and game all the time. Thats using my maxell and tdk cd's. My friend has the sony version, that works perfectly ... i don't get it

nba street v3
    do i have to patch this or something ? It starts up but it freezes at the loading screen ...

Uefa Champions League
    do i have to patch this or something ? It starts up but it freezes at the loading screen ...

Project Snowblind

Mercenaries
    I want this magnificent game to work!

Playboy the mansion
    sorta the same problem as NFSU2, interruptions in music and game make it impossible to play. This time only the TDK version works perfectly, the maxell and sony ones don't work very good

Shadow of rome
    i don't get this at all... i burned it 4 times all with different methods on this forum, i cannot get it to work at all. What do i have to do ?

DTM Race driver 2
    sorta the same problem as NFSU2, interruptions in music and game make it impossible to play. This time only the TDK version works perfectly, the maxell and sony ones don't work very good

Plus on several games that are copies.... when i try to read them using DVD Decrypter they give errors so i can't put them on my harddisk ... any ideas ?

Please, if some of you guys could help out i'd appreciate it ... :)

2. gruzum

gruzum Member

What speeds do you burn at? some of theese games need fixes or rebuilding, but not all of them. But the skipping sound and video make it seem like a bad burn and/or bad media...

3. Duvelken

Duvelken Guest

I don't think its bad media i use all the best ones. Except verbatim, which i can't get over here.

I always burn and read at 1x obviously, although when i select that and start burning, the sony writes at 4x, the TDK and maxell ones at 2.4x speed. I can't change that

4. gruzum

gruzum Member

After You use isobuster, do you use the sony cd/dvd generator to rebuild the image? or just burn the files to the root of the dvd?
    rebuilding the images should fix most of the games...

5. Duvelken

Duvelken Guest

didn't i also state on shadow of rome that i rebullt it ?

Any help from a veteran please instead of a newbie ... no offense but newbies always point out the bleedin' obvious

6. UltraImm

UltraImm Member

I am having the same problem with Mercenaries. Exact same problem.

And with Yu Yu Hakusho, when I swap the discs, the screen just goes black and the Discs just spins.

7. steimy

steimy Active member

check out the post, i think in the general section, on games that need special burning proceedures.
    there are instructions for both Mercenaries and Shadow Of Rome that i posted there.
    NBA Street i think you need the patch, same for Mercenaries and Shadow Of Rome.
    Ghost Recon 2 and Pandora Tomorrow i had no problems with.
    DVD Loader you burn to a DVD
    CD Loader is burned to a CD

and have you tried and +R discs, some PS2's read those better and some like -R better.
    hope this is at least some help.
    I use DVD Loader because my PS2 had problems with the CD Loader version.