1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some help for a newcomer please...

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Bluesplar, Oct 26, 2004.

1. Bluesplar

Bluesplar Member

I have two questions that I would like to have answered. I had downloaded gta:sa earlier this week and it completed with its list of files. I know I needed to make an image, but I just wasn't sure how to compile an image file out of the different files that were there. I had already "unrarred" them, and when I got my copy of the game today, the files were indeed identical to what was on my retail copy. I made the backup of the retail by simply creating and image and burning it from the dvd decrypter. Any help on how to do it without the retail copy or with just the files from the copy would be greatly appreciated.

My other question is a quick one. I've read the boards for a few days on what types of dvd media to use. It seems most people are sold on the ritek dvd-r. I've also read that the dvd+ will work on the newer machines. My question is whether or not there is a difference or significant advantage of either storage medium on a newer model ps2.

Thanks for any help.

2. Bluesplar

Bluesplar Member

bump-any help on either question would be greatly appreciated.

3. Ashman1

Ashman1 Regular member

Last edited: Oct 28, 2004