1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

some help here. my ps2 doesn't work.

Discussion in 'PS2' started by nutty_cop, Nov 26, 2003.

1. nutty_cop

nutty_cop Member

I bought a v9 messiah-ed ps2 and I just got it recently. I don't have any ps2 games yet so now I'm trying to play my ps1 backups and ORIGINAL games. And so far nothing works.

By the way, I purchased it from xmodd.com. If you're planning to buy anything from there, you should hold you horses. Because I don't know what they will do with mine. I mean it's supposed to be able to boot directly any ps game. I followed their website instruction how to turn it on. Am I overlooking something? I mean I don't think I am. Atleast this baby should be able to boot original ps1 games. Man... this sucks. I hope xmodd had better straighten this out. If you had bought a system from xmodd.com, please let me know how your system is doing. Right now I might as well have bought a broken ps2 for over 300 bucks. This thing doesn't do anything. Alrite. Have a good thanksgiving weekend everyone.

2. WEStar

WEStar Active member

you said you followed their websites instructions. Did the instructions have a special boot method for ps1 games? 'cause you don't just put the ps1 game in the ps2 and reset.

3. nutty_cop

nutty_cop Member

Yeah they have different ways of booting for ps1 and ps2 games. And i did follow the ps1 instruction carefully. It didn't work. a bit of update. ps2 games do work now, i borrowed a friend's ps2 game and it's working just fine. but dvd movies don't. so ps1 games and dvd movies don't work. i've tried it with originals games and movie.

4. Irocz005

Irocz005 Regular member

Hmmm interesting. It does sound like a certain procedure is not being followed but who knows. I am sure the company you bought it from will help, if not I am sure they will have you send it back to them since its more than likely under some type of warranty like mine is. Are you like waiting for a reply from this company or something or do they have a phone number you can talk to a tech?

5. nutty_cop

nutty_cop Member

I have recieved e-mail from them since. But there's no mentioning of replacing it with another one. And they don't have phone number i can call. it's all by e-mail. I'd keep it as long as it works with ps2. but it would be nice if it played dvds and ps1s. if they're replacing me with another premodded messiah ps2 at no cost. I guess i can go with that. but i don't want to spend any money on shipping since this isn't my fault.

6. Irocz005

Irocz005 Regular member

I don't have the Messiah chip, but I do have the Magic V, and the only way I can play DVD's or PS1 games is to disable the chip. I did that and it worked. Here is something I found about the Messiah chip. You might have already tried this...
    To Boot PS2 (Backup / Import / Original) Game:-
    ================================================
    LIKE ORIGINAL / UNCHIPPED MACHINE.
    TURN UNIT ON, OPEN CD TRAY, INSERT GAME & CLOSE CD TRAY.
    GAME WILL LOAD

TO EXCHANGE PS2 GAME WITH ANOTHER PS2 GAME:-
    ==========================================
    PRESS 'RESET' ONCE QUICKLY
    REMOVE EXISTING GAME CD
    INSERT NEW GAME CD
    CLOSE CD TRAY.

TO BOOT PSONE / PSX GAME (Backup / Original / Import:-
    ======================================================
    PUT PS2 UNIT INTO STANDBY BY PRESSING & HOLDING 'RESET'
    TURN PS2 UNIT ON BY PUSHING & HOLDING 'RESET' UNTIL 'BLUE' EJECT LIGHT COMES ON
    OPEN CD TRAY (EJECT)
    INSERT PSONE / PSX GAME CD & CLOSE TRAY
    GAME WILL NOW LOAD

TO EXCHANGE PSONE / PSX GAME WITH ANOTHER PSONE / PSX GAME:-
    ==========================================================
    REMOVE EXISTING GAME CD & INSERT NEW PSX GAME CD
    PRESS 'EJECT' TO CLOSE CD TRAY (NOT RESET)
    PSX / PSONE GAME WILL NOW LOAD

TO PLAY A DVD MOVIE:-
    ===================
    SAME AS PSONE / PSX PROCESS ABOVE

TO CHANGE UNIT BACK TO PS2 MODE FROM PSX / DVD MOVIE MODE:-
    =========================================================
    PUT UNIT INTO STANDBY BY PUSHING & HOLDING 'RESET'
    PUSH 'RESET' ONCE QUICKLY
    OPEN CD TRAY & INSERT PS2 GAME CD
    PS2 GAME WILL NOW LO

7. Omega45

Omega45 Member

There is obviously something wrong with either the chip or your boot method. Here is what I think is wrong.

1) Most likely your using the wrong boot method

- If your in the CD explorer, and the disc shows up and then u try to load it, and it just goes black and then shows the CD explorer again, ur using the wrong boot method. The boot method is the same for PS1 origions, PS1 Copies, and DVD Movies. See above post for proper boot method.

2) There is something wrong with the SCEX connection on ur chip.

-Not sure what this will make it do, but wither send it back to get fixed, or try to fix it yourself. Be warned though, the SCEX connection is a bitch.

8. nutty_cop

nutty_cop Member

I know I followed the direction precisely. Not sure why ps1 and dvd don't work. One weird thing happened though: I put my original dvd T-2 in and somehow it played for once. After that I tried it again and it won't work anymore. I must've tried 10 times to see if it'll work againn but it didn't. Xmodd guy told me that he will take a look at it but I have to pay for the shipping. But in the case that ps2 is defected, then he'll send it back for free. I'd still have to ship him at my own expensive. So I really don't know what I should do right now. Spend more money and wait days and week for this thing to get back to me or just stick with it. Cuz it does play ps2 without a problem. And that's all that really matter.__X_X_X_X_X_[small]when you're in a line of police work, you shoot first always... ask the questions later.... ó¿õ

DTPD[/small]

Last edited: Nov 28, 2003