1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

some help

Discussion in 'PS2' started by stupidguy, Sep 17, 2003.

1. stupidguy

stupidguy Guest

Hey.I'm Using The Knife Trick To Try And Play Some "Back Up" Games On My Ps2.....I Managed To Get PS2 Reality Player To Work Wich I Burnt On A BASF 74Min/650Mb CDR But I Can't Get Virtua Tennis 2 To Work Wich I Burnt On A FujiFilm 80Min/700Mb CDR Whats The Problem? Do I Have To Use A Certain Type Of CDR? Can I Use CDRW? And Help Will Be Greatly Appreciated :)

2. stupidguy

stupidguy Guest

Can No-One Help?.....Sorry To Double Post

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2003
  3. stupidguy

stupidguy Guest

Help Please I Just Want To Try Them Out.....I'm buying A Messiah 2 Pro Soon ;)

4. stupidguy

stupidguy Guest

also i used nero to burn pro evo 3 and cdrwin for virtua tennis 2 and ps2 reality

5. stupidguy

stupidguy Guest

please help dudes :(

6. stupidguy

stupidguy Guest

im buying new discs tommorow and i've got to know wich to buy please reply.....also sorry about all these posts its just i need the answer deprately

7. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

what swap disc are you using???

how big is it, and how big are your backups???

for example, you can't boot a 670Mb backup if your swap disc is only 630Mb or something like that.

8. stupidguy

stupidguy Guest

Action Replay V2(I Don't Know What Size It Is) And I Dont Know How Big The CD's I'm Trying To Boot Are But The .bin Is 410MB(Virtua Tennis 2)And 793MB(Pro Evoloution Soccer 3) And I Got Reality Player To Work Whats The Size Of That?

9. stupidguy

stupidguy Guest

whats the problem if any can i bypass it?

10. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

actually i don't know if the size is an issue with CD-R games, cos i just checked the size of my AR2 and it's only like 200Mb in total. so maybe TOC size only affects DVD games. (unless there are other HIDDEN part to it.

anyways, i think i read somewhere that anything over about 650Mb won't boot with the swap method. though i don't remember where i read this, so it could be bullshit.

well, this post turns out to be as useful as a chocolate fire gaurd.

11. stupidguy

stupidguy Guest

lol so i'll just buy the cd-r that worked for reality player then thanks :) i just open'd cdrwin to see what the length of the cues are pes3 is 76-7 mins could i overburn that to a 74min/650mb disc?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2003
  12. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

i would NEVER reccomend over-burning. it's just so unstable and risky. my advice would be to get the 700Mb/80min version of the BASF brand that worked for the media player :)

13. stupidguy

stupidguy Guest

i couldnt find them so i just got intenso 700MB/80Min Ones I'll Just Have To Hope It Works :( can you give me a guide on burning incase im doing something wrong?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2003
  14. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

well, with the swap trick, i don't think it matters how you burn. some people say you have to burn using specific programs and you have to burn in certain modes, like modeX2 or some shit like that.

well, i've been using the swap trick for over 6 months now, and i had no problems getting games to boot. i just use nero to do 1:1 copies. so for CD-R based games, just open nero and choose to copy the entire disc.

for DVD-R though, it's better to use a different program. i use DVD-Decrypter in ISO mode to read the image to disc first, the write it with the same program in ISO write mode. but if ya don't have a DVD burner that means diddly squat to you, so why am i telling you...........hmmmmmmmm...........seems my stupidity still isn't waring off, i thought it was just a wierd thing happening yesterday, but obviously not..........oh, now my head hurts...........i think i need some weed :(

15. stupidguy

stupidguy Guest

ok cool.....i dont have a dvd-rewriter so i dont have to worry :D

16. stupidguy

stupidguy Guest

when i try and copy it sais this cd is copy protected does this matter?

17. stupidguy

stupidguy Guest

:( still doesnt work.....i got virtua tennis 2 to work though :D

18. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

try clone cd for copy protected game cd's you can download a trial version from there web site

Last edited: Sep 21, 2003