1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some mentoring needed here....please advise.

Discussion in 'PS2' started by noodles33, Dec 15, 2003.

1. noodles33

noodles33 Member

Thank you everyone who has contributed here. I have read the last couple months forums in detail.
    I just bought a new PS2 and a few games Final fantasy X and X-2, Xenosaga etc...I now want to be able to make back ups and play them. There is alot of good advise in this forum and other on the net ive reserched. There is a-lot of disscusion about what works and what doesnt work, it has created a bit of doubt and confusion in my mind about what acctually works. I need some straight advise from a helpful soul out there who has done this. Can I purchase a flip-top and the swap magic 3.0 disks create back ups with a DVD+rw and acctually play them? Should I be waiting for a later version of swap magic comming out soon?
    Better sugestion???
    What is the best source for purchasing these items.
    Thank you in advance for your assistance.
    Noodles33

2. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

flip top works nice.... but mod chip is adviced no swaps no nothing just put it in and game boots up ^_^.... as for the RW dont waste it dude.... RW aint cheap and ps2 gets hard times with RW... go for the dvd-r or dvd+r btw dont try the xenosaga thing it's 8gigs lol... as for doing backups you more then welcome to ask me anytime you want :D ps try the www.ps2cover.com for the fliptop ^_^

Last edited: Dec 15, 2003
  3. noodles33

noodles33 Member

Thank you for your prompt reply and advise..I heard that Xenosaga was a bit large to Bkup. Anyway, if I get a fliptop (because solder scares me)is the Swap magic 3.0 going to work ok with the DVD games on a US system?
    Thank you again.

4. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

i dont really think the sm3 can boot dvds yet... see they only got the sm3 cd as of now... the dvd is in the works... but they add sm2 dvd with the sm3 cd.... so yeah it can load dvd-rs.... why you fraid of solidering?... you do know you can go to shops and they fit it in and you got no more problems then with backups ^_^

5. noodles33

noodles33 Member

Thanks Cyprien, What is the hotest mod chip and any reccomendations for shops??
    I see that the SM3 is not for DVD but the SM2 will work. I just need some advice I can count on..and I will try and move forward. Appriciate your help.