1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some movies using convertXtoDVD show up in very small box on screen please Help!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by tharius, Apr 24, 2007.

1. tharius

tharius Member

I download movies from torrent sites and use convertXtodvd,then burn with NERO, some movies when burned then dont playback on my Sony DVD player but on my mothers JVC player but the screen looks like a small box on the TV screen what the hell is that? even some movies I got from the king of torrents "AXXO" have done this,like Underworld evolution, I am tired of wasting dvds without knowing what to expect someone please shed some light on this problem....thankyou in advance tharius

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

What do you have the TV format set to? You can find it in settings.
    Have it set to the format your in - i.e NTSC or PAL.
    Check TV screen there too - I just have it set to automatic.

3. tharius

tharius Member

Thanks for your response Binkie but I have it all set to automatic too still dont get it...I just tried Dejavu from AXXO aswell and just downloaded the newest ConvertXtodvd and it converts to certain point then says file estimate was to big and actually restarts my computer nulling everything...sheesh what do you think about just using NERO to convert and burn...?

4. binkie7

ConvertX is usually much less problematic then Nero.
    But give it a shot - Nero just may surprise us :)

For TV format I have mine set to NTSC and TV screen to automatic.
    Also check the settings in 'encoding'. If it's set to high quality try changing it to medium.

Keeping up on the pc maintenance bit like defrag, disc clean up, registry cleaner and virus scans?

5. cougar_ii

cougar_ii Regular member

Hi,

Without a full conversion log, and a full burn log, it's hard to guess what's going on !

My 2 cents...

6. tharius

tharius Member

Downloaded 28 days later from BUGz on torrentspy converted using convertx again burned using Nero could not identify anything abnormal on the logs everything looked fine played on my sony dvd nothing said playback prohibited due to area limitations on my moms dvd again worked but in a small box on the screen smoking aces worked no prob. all copies of 28 days later I have tried and underworld evolution I cant seem to get arrrghh very frustrating...:)

7. binkie7

Did you try Nero Vision yet and see how it does with them?
    Dumb question but no playback problems on the avi's when you play them from the pc?

See if you can post a from ConvertX. I might not be able to read it but cougar_ii probably can. I'm a little better at the nero logs :)

8. tharius

tharius Member

You know what binkie if I knewq you were a girl Id kiss you...:) I looked over ur commments form before and started chacking my settings as you suggested and tried setting to NTSC instead of leaving automatic cause I assumed if the copy was taken from PAL then it should be converted in original format redid 28 days later after the ummfteen time and presto it worked rookie mistake but thanks to your reponse I started my journey to enlightenment thankyou sincerely Tharius from Toronto Canada.

P.S. Hope I can message you if I ever have another Duuh!! moment:)

9. Fiji5555

Fiji5555 Member

I used to leave my settings on automatic and it was always hit and miss if it would use the right settings so now I always look at the aspect ratio of the movie and set it manually.

10. binkie7

@tharius
    I am a girl :)
    Glad that setting change did the trick!

You can always post if you ever have a duuh moment :) We all have them:)

@Fiji5555
    I just leave mine set as above - I like that ConvertX keeps that as my default unless I change it.