1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

some movies work, others don't

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by trooperx, Apr 12, 2005.

1. trooperx

trooperx Member

Ok, im pretty new to this burning thing, i have a nice pioneer dvd burner. (High Speed DVD-R/RW, +R/RW, CD-R/RW Writer)

I'm using dvd-r blank disks to copy, i made 3 copies of 3 dvds i got home, and i have converted avi to dvd using winavi, but heres the deal, once i have converted avi to dvd , the files go to a temporary folder, like "c:\movie2burn\VIDEO_TS

etc......(AUDIO_TS included)
    ok so i have converted like 3 movies and they work great, i play them on my ps2 and they work fine, but i have found that some other avi's don't work the same, i mean i get the avi, i convert the avi to dvd using winavi videoconverter, the files go to c:\movie2burn and i just burn it, i re-insert again and it works great, windows media player, winamp, vlc ....they play it well...so when i insert it in my brothers dvd player it won't play anything....not even in my ps2.

Whats the deal? is there anything wrong with the avi, cause i'd like to fix it.

THanks.

2. trooperx

trooperx Member

ok ???????????????????????????

3. spacedust

spacedust Regular member

Just a thought, just becouse it says .avi does not mean it's not compressed to something else like divx or mpeg4. I would suggest you drop those avi files in a program called videotoolbox it will tell you the video format. Maybe that will help clear things up. Also you never mention the speed you burn at.General rule of thumb from reading forum if you burn above 4X for dvd's you may have problems getting disks to play on settop boxes. The brand of media your burning on makes a diffrence. Go to manufactor website of burner. Burn media they recommend. Diffrent brand burners use diffrent brands media. Generally I think Verbatum and Tiyo Yuden are the best. Also if you can change booktype settings to dvd-rom that will make disks more compatible in settop boxes. DVD Decrypter will allow this on some brand players.

Good Luck

Spacedust

Good Luck

Spacedust