1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some of my backup games work, some dont. Confused and frustrated! need help

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by treborz, Jul 11, 2007.

1. treborz

treborz Member

Hi guys,

I'm really confused about my new xbox 360. And i would really appreciate it if You took the time to read this through and see if you could help me.

I just bought a flashed xbox 360, hitachi drive. The first backup-game i tested was DiRT. And it worked perfectly well. Then i tried to backup Guitar Hero 2 and Table Tennis. None worked! I looked at several forums including this one and i finally figured out that if i got a new firmware on my hitachi-drive i need to patch the "old" games, like Guitar Hero and Table Tennis, to be able to play them.
    So i followed some directions and found some really useful sites. After i downloaded the patch i also kinda learned how to use Xbox 360 SS Merger v1.7b. So i took Table Tennis for an example to patch. First of all i got an error while trying to connect to the database for some MD5 file or something. You can see for yourself here: http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/8042/tabletennismergererrordw9.jpg .
    I didnt know what to do, but i read somewhere that the MD5 thingie isnt really necessary. So i continued to browse the SS, DMI, PFI files i got from a site and then Merge. I got a .dvd file and the burning process passed, with good result, i thought. Cause when i put the game in the xbox 360 it says, like before patching, "Unplayable Disc". At this point i was really confused. I didnt really know what to do.

But i took a shot, i sacrificed yet another Verbatim DVD+R DL 8.5 to backup Gears of War. I was hoping that there was something wrong with Table Tennis. After i patched Gears of War and burned, to my big surprise, it worked in the xbox 360!

I was delighted and ran back to my computer to backup some more games. I tried with Forza Motorsport 2 and Dead Rising, 1 new and 1 old game. I patched Dead Rising, Forza 2 wasnt necessary to patch. Anyway, both games worked!

I safely assumed that there was something wrong with my original disc of Table Tennis or that i did something wrong while making the imagefile from table tennis and i just didnt patch Guitar Hero 2. But no, no. My problems wasnt over yet. After a while i went back to my computer and backuped Crackdown and Saints Row. I patched both imagefiles i created before burning, and the burning process was excellent as always.
    But once again i got "Unplayable Disc" for Saints Row. And then i got "To play this disc. You need a xbox 360 consol" for Crackdown! What the hell is this?

Im very confused at the moment and i really dont know what to do. I have had like 50/50 if the game i backup will work or not. And i have no idea if i'm doing anything wrong, or that it is something wrong with my xbox360/firmware/DVD's/patches/patching-program/images.

Could someone Please help me with my problem. I really dont know what to do. And i dont know where the problem is or if im doing anything wrong.

Really appreciate all kind of help!

Regards,
    Treborz

2. steimy

steimy Active member

ok, so your backing up from original discs right? Can you go through the method used. If you are using a Samsung SH-D162C drive in your PC and Xbox Backup Creator V2.4 it should mak perfect back ups with no need to patch (at least it will with the Samsung drives in the 360)

3. treborz

treborz Member

I got the backupfs from a friend. Where he got it from, i dont know and its none of my business i guess.

I have a Pioneer DVR-112D in my PC (with latest firmware update, 1.15), and its known for burning xbox 360 games with no problems.

And i have a hitachi-drive in my xbox 360.

I get my backuped games from a friend. Theres alot of .r01, .r02 files and so on, also including a .nfo and .sfv file.
    So i unpack from the rar-files and get a .000 and a .dvd file.
    I then download a patch for that game, ofcourse with the same region as the game(PAL). I use Xbox 360 SS Merger v1.7b to patch the imagefile. And then i burn with CloneCD at 8x speed.

Thats it. From what i´ve heard, it should work by doing this. But only 50% of the games i backup work in my xbox.