1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

some of my backups wont work

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by dab0ne, Dec 6, 2007.

1. dab0ne

dab0ne Regular member

Hey guys i was wondering if anyone could help me with this one. so not too long ago i had to get a new dvd drive in my 360. in doing so i also had to get my xbox remodded. the problem is this... now only like half of my backups work. i dont know how to explain it. i use crappy media (memorex and staples brand dvds) and some games work and some games dont. working and non working games are on both types of media. the kicker is that all of the games worked before the remod. ive been trying to reach the guy who did it via email to get the drive information but i cant reach him so i dont know what kind of drive it is or which firmware he updated with. i do know the system version however and if anyone could use that to help me i would really appreciate it. thanks

2. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

It's the media. Different drive read different media differently :)

Stick to Verbatim.

3. dab0ne

dab0ne Regular member

i can see where it could be the media but, for example, two different backups of mine are on memorex dvd's. one works and the other doesnt even though they are on the same media. any thoughts?

4. steimy

steimy Active member

That is pretty much the explanation of "media problem".
    When some back ups work fine and others will not work at all.

If these games worked and then you updated the firmware and then they didn't it could be a few things.
    1. You went from a non-iXtreme firmware to a iXtreme version and your games were not stealth patched. As the older formware would play them and the new one will not.
    2. the reading speed of the new firmware is different and it is no longer reading the cheap media.

5. dab0ne

dab0ne Regular member

well i put dmi and pfi in almost all of my games and i know for a fact that some of the game with dmi and pfi sectors included are not working so it probably is the media. i will be switching to verbatim now. thanks for all of your help guys

6. steimy

steimy Active member

i suppose that you are checking the files with DVDmulleter first to make sure those files are actually needed before you inject them, right?

7. dab0ne

dab0ne Regular member

no im not using DVDmulleter, as a matter of fact i have never even heard of that so i wouldnt know how to use it, not that it matters anymore because i cant even find the dmi and pfi files anymore. is there a good place to get dvdmulleter and a tutorial on how to use it?

8. dab0ne

dab0ne Regular member

hey guys this is the firmware i am using could it have anything to do with it? iXtreme firmware 1.2 RevC