1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some please help DVD x copy hell!!!!!!!! Very mad!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by Guessman, Jun 13, 2004.

1. Guessman

Guessman Member

I have spent the past five days trying to get version 3.2.1 to work and have been unsuccessfull. I haved looked at this site and 321 message boards for all the advice and I still cannot get it to work.

I HAVE DONE THE FOLLOWING THINGS:

- I have done all the prep work pointed out in "dwkeystone" post.

- I am using good media "Verbatim" DVD-R @ 4x. I was using DYNAMAX and so I switched to SONY's recommend DVD-R discs (verbatim is one of them listed).

- I tried 4.0.3 upgrade and also tried puffincoffin 17

- I was using a SONY 530UL, and I thought that was bad so I got the newest SONY burner 700A

- I made sure all processes on the CPU was stopped and no blacklisted software was being used.

- I have reinstalled the program several times.

- I went to the Offical SONY website and download a DRIVE check dignostic tool to see if my burner was operating correctly and it passed with flying colors.

- I even did a complete restore of my system and reinstalled the program with all updates from mircosoft, dvd firmware etc.... with hardly any programs on the computer and still no luck.
    =====
    I have tried all the recommendations from the MODS and posters and I have done somethings this way and that way....so many different things it still doesn't help.

I am using a HP 754N (P4 2.53 with 1 Gig 0f memory on XP). My main burner is a SONY 700A hooked on CSE (which is what sony suggested) and my HP 200i (secondary drive) burner is on the same IDE cable set to slave. I even tried both drives configurations as MASTER on separate IDE cables and it still didn't work. I have checked both drives in device manager and also the IDEs and they are all functioning properly. XP reads them both and they are seperate as far as drivers....no confusion on XPs.

I have so far tried to burn TOY STORY 2 and ARMAGEDON and both movies always have pixelation and stops or freezes on the computers DVD drives and on a panasonic DVD player that plays multi-format discs (yes DVD-R is one of it's formats). I have over 13 DVD-R coasters and no disc has ever had a successful burn for me.

I am no dummy when it comes to installation of computer hardware or manipulating the OS to look or resolve problems. I refuse to belive it's just "me" not finding the problem or it's the "hardware or the computers other programs running" that causing the problem.

I HAVE NEVER EVER EVER HAD SOFTWARE THAT IS AS TOUCHY AND AS DIFFICULT AS THIS ONE IS TO GET RUNNING.

This is ridiculos and I feel that I spent over 400 dollars (new burner, software, dvd discs) for nothing because I solely believed in 321s software.

I feel completely ripped off and used and I am just waiting to see what you guys suggest I do next. I think I may have to get the ball rolling for a refund because nothing has worked for me and I MEAN
    NOTHING!!!!!!

So let me hear it guys, what do you suggest????

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

CSE.. do you mean cable select? Is your system cable select? If not change it.. Make your Sony the primary drive, switch the jumper to master... Then take your HP200i(which I think is a burner) and make it a slave on a [bold]seperate[/bold] ide cable.

Yea I hear ya... DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter are free

Good luck... member 321sucker says they will be filing for bankruptcy soon.

Other things you can do:
    Re-install v4.0.3.8 or RF sent you a PM
    Make sure IDE settings are set to DMA
    Update you aspi layer ForceASPI is a good one.

3. flip218

4. buzzoon

buzzoon Member

"member 321sucker says they will be filing for bankruptcy soon"

Sure looks that way from reading their forums. It also appears they have left their customers high and dry with broken promises ...

5. Reno

Reno Member

I have made about 75 movie backups with the last released version of DVDXCopy Platinum. Only made one coaster. That said, there are movies that defeat the software used in Platinum. The solution for ones like that (Master and Commander is one example) is to use DVD_Decrypter to rip to your hard drive and then DVD_Shrink to shrink it and burn. Takes longer, works every time.

First download the 4.x.x.x release that someone PM'd you about and try that. The advantage of 321 is that it is faster and easier on the movies it can copy. However, it is not a universal tool. To make sure it is writing properly, have it go to HD and then view it from there. I would get Shrink and Decrypter as other tools to have in your bag when you want to make DVD copies. Also should have Nero as Shrink can utilize its burning features and give you really good quality.

6. Guessman

Guessman Member

Thank You all for your inputs. "Flip218" hooked me up with his PM and I have made my very first successful copy. I WILL NEVER trust 321 software again. I noticed the copy is not flawless like the original and in dark scenes there is some pixelation, but it's nothing that will make me want to reburn.

I will check out the other software available and rippers.

Oh by the way "Flip218", on my comp, it is set to CSE because that's how my old DVD burner that came with computer was set. I ensured the jumpers on both DVD burners was set correctly. Remember, I also set it up as Master on a seperate IDE cable and the other burner on another IDE cable was slave (HD was master). Both ways, XP reads both drives and I ensured there was no driver errors.

Anyways, I am excited about this new world of world of DVD burning. I even went out tonight and bought a nice Sony DVD player to complement my burned CDs!!!!

BURN ON BABY!!!! BURN!!!!!!!

7. flip218

Guessman,

A good dvd player deserves good media. Also give DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter a try.

8. Yordan

Yordan Guest

I experimented with the movies Shaft and The Untouchables. Burnt each one twice - one copy with Shrink and one copy with Platinum RF ripper enabled in Simple Mode. With Shrink I did movie only and cut all the credits, subtitles and extra audio and did deep analysis. Both copies that were made with the XCopy software had slightly better picture than the ones made with Shrink plus it took less time as well. Media used was Ritek GO4