1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SOME PLEASE HELP ME

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by masterpkg, Oct 8, 2004.

1. masterpkg

masterpkg Member

hI i download barbershop 2 thats in xvd. When i try to convert it in TMPenc it says my files to big. What do i do What program do i use

2. stillgame

stillgame Member

Hi masterpkg Dont know if you managed to fix your problem but here's how I got around this when you open up TMPGEnc drop the file you want to encode in the browse box's then click next go to source range set the start to zero then move the file forward just to the end when last of the credits finish and click set end frame then ok then next you should now see that the file fits the required settings hope this helps you dont say if you trying to convert to vcd/svcd or DVD if it for DVD then follow the above it it is for VCD/SVCD then thats why it is to big and you will need to split the file into two then encode and burn to disc..

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Wrong forum. Thread moved.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2004
  4. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

The problem is that a VCD mpeg-1 occupies more or less 10 MB for minute, therefore 1 movie = 2h = 120' = 1200 MB = 2 CDs (unless you use the KVCD TMPGenc's templates I show in the 'sticky' thread "100% method to make a KVCD" http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/124272; with them you'll make a movie about half large).

Last edited: Nov 30, 2004