1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some problems with my ps2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by xbirdyx, Mar 8, 2005.

1. xbirdyx

xbirdyx Member

My ps2 is having problems lately reading ps1 backups and ps2 dvds or any dvd. It reads ps2 cds and original ps1 games perfectly.

When it tries to read a ps1 backup it always says to insert a valid ps1 or ps2 disk and when it is reading a dvd it makes these weird low grinding noises.

I have a duo2 second edition modchip installed and my ps2 is a v4. It was reading everything fine for about a month until it started doing these things this week. I have tried adjusting the laser, and cleaning it and when i put it back together i was so stupid, i accidently squished the wiring for the fan and now the fan doesn't work, so i have been using like a large fan to cool off my ps2. :(

Thanks to anyone to helps.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2005
  2. clouser

clouser Guest

hi v4s had weak lasers so that might be the thing or check your wiring i crushed the reset eject cable on mine and it scrwed up the laser as well

3. Niobis

Niobis Regular member

It may be your power voltage supply to your laser. I just recently had to do this to mine. If you don't mind working on your PS2(sounds like you don't since your fan no longer works) let me know and I'll tell you how to increase the voltage supply.