1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some psp related installing/ other question

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by otherven, Aug 3, 2007.

1. otherven

otherven Member

Hello friends , well my first post here.
    i just bought this gadget PSP. and kinda new to it,
    and i downloaded miami vice,
    But i am wondering how to install it to my psp,
    every time i copy the files to the psp, and try to run it , either it says data corrupt or game cannot be started.
    The file in the folder looks like this
    please click the link.
    http://s209.photobucket.com/albums/bb83/...nt=allfiles.jpg

In the DH folder i have 6 folders named - 150, 150f, 200, 250, 260, kd
    In the ISO folder i have a single file named - Miami Vice [EUR].cso
    In the PC folder i have 2 folders named - LINUX and WIN
    In the PSP folder i have 2 folders named GAME and PHOTO. the folder game has got sub folders named- %__SCEDEVHOOK% and __SCEDEVHOOK
    . The folder PHOTO has got another Subfolder named CAPTURE.

These all files are located in the game folder that i downloaded.

My PSP Details

FW - Version 3.52

Is there a way i want to downgrade to 2.71.

and also i have no clue what is this davhook and home brew.

can any one help me installing,
    Thanks a lot

otherven

2. BrewAgent

BrewAgent Regular member

No downgrade is currently available for firmware 3.52. It'll be a while before one comes out. For now you have to play legit games, or try to get a psp with a lower firmware (lower the better).

Don't upgrade any further...ever.

3. otherven

otherven Member

thanks a lot guys, mY bad , i dont know y the hell i updraded the version, anyways
    few more questions

1. i couldnt even install ir shell, is that reason same that i have 3.52 FW

2. can i install devhook seperately or it comes with some pack.
    3. i copy the .cso file in the ISO folder in my memorystick but i cant access them from the game manu in my psp. y..??

4. I am not able to go in to the recovery mode. i did this way.
    complete shut down, then pressed (till it started) the r button and then started and then it just starts nothing like recovery appears.

4. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

sorry you cant do any of that running the firmware you have...Like the other guys said, find a different PSP that has a lower firmware...

5. otherven

otherven Member

i see thanks man,WTF man i am really pissed, this is just like hammering this psp now, its of no use to me anymore, and i cant even get in to recovery mode (by starting holding r key)
    so is there anything i can do with this stupid thing, any thing...???

:(

6. otherven

otherven Member

sorry contuniu the post please.

cant i even run any software, cant i even install themes,
    or

but i wanted to know, is it sure that the downgrader for 3.52 will me out, or is it not gonna come.

thanks

Rajbir

7. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

Yeah, you are pretty much stuck until a downgrader for 3.52 comes out-and that probably wont be for quite a while...SO until then you are going to have to buy a few games to keep you occupied..

8. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

You can still play video off of your psp. Go to internet and get some flash games.

Other than that, I don't know. However, legend has it, there is a "sure-fire" way to downgrade ANY firmware. It's being confirmed by many "internet people" including many senior members of this very forum. Refer to this: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/540619#3285973

9. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

Would that be the microwave trick by chance?

10. BrewAgent

BrewAgent Regular member

Yeah.. I actually wanna see someone do that for real...... hehe it'd be all melty, or the microwave would short..

11. Propagand

Propagand Regular member

When I got my PSP I thought this is the best thing in the world (probably cuz I didnt know about custom firmware) and what cant this thing do. But once you learn about OE versions and stuff its like opening a pandoras box of cool things.

12. otherven

otherven Member

blackvamp -thanks man, yeha i 'll get flash enabled right away , thats for the hint ..

dEEz_nUtz - lolz man yeah could be a microwave trick.

BrewAgent - Lolz man guess what someone keeps a PSP in MW for like 30 seconds and guess what he finds after that, a hot black cadbury chocolate

Propagand - ye man even thought the same , but ow io am stuck , so i have to hake limited use of it even if i wanna use brew or devhook. :p

13. otherven

otherven Member

thanks a million guys,
    OK another question arises
    i better keep this one forum fo all my questions

ok this question is ,

Why i am not able to enter the recovery mode is that the same reason that i have stupid 3.52 fw or is there a file missing thats preventing me to reach the recovery option,
    i read some where if recovery.prx (correct me if i am wrong) gets deleted then we cant access the recovery.

and can we access this recovery.prx file from the Memory stick or its located in the psp's memory.

thanks

14. Propagand

Propagand Regular member

Recovery mode is only for custom firmware you cannot access it on sony official at all. Yes there is a recovery. prx but thats not in the mem stick its in the flash0. Flash0 is the data programs that lets the PSP do all that sony wants it to do. With CFW you can remove (NOT recommended) or add (for lack of a better word) program files that the PSP can do to the flash0. The recovery.prx is something that you ABSOLUTELY need to have to have in order to have a working PSP. It makes the system turn on or restart, with out it you will have a non functioning machine that wont turn on and is called a brick. Because thats basically what its as useful as now. So you might as well tye a note to it and throw it through somebody's window lol.