1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some Questions about the M3 Simply :)

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by joshont, Feb 16, 2007.

1. joshont

joshont Regular member

1. is there a way to change skins? if so how?
    2. how do you install the newest moonshell? i have it working, but it keeps saying something about an error. any help?
    3. on some ds homebrew, it has nameofgame.nds or nameofgame.sc.ds........whats the difference?
    4.theres a game called super mario sunshine 64 im guessing its for ds cuz it was in the homebrew section @ qj.net.......how do you use this file cuz it doesnt end with .nds, it ends with .swf.
    5. is there any recommendations on homebrew apps and games out there that i should try (im new to the ds scene)
    6. am i able to play GBA games on my M3 simply without a slot 2 device?
    7. is there a web browser i saw the nintendo one, but can I somehow use the Browser Rom without having the expansion?
    8.is it limited on what homebrew I can use cuz its an m3 simply?
    9. are there any ways to get out of a game to the m3 menu while playing a game?

2. Kiwiclx

Kiwiclx Member

1. Yes. A folder named _system_ with the necessary images must be created in root directory of the microSD card. Skins are available at the M3 Adapter Forum.

2. You drag the files/folders into the root directory of the microSD card. Use the preconfigured Moonshell 1.6 available at the M3 Website or my File Repository. Ignore the "error"; it does not affect performance.

3. Files with the extension *.sc.nds are for use with the SuperCard adapter; never use these, use the *.nds.

4. The *.swf extension means it's a Flash game. This is confirmed at the download page.

5. Check the Scorpei.com Wiki for a list of homebrew with descriptions and links. I recommend Moonshell, DSOrganize, Beup (MSN), DSAIM (AIM), ComicBookDS.

6. No.

7. You must have a slot-2 expansion (either official or a slot-2 adapter) to use even the browser ROM. No suitable homebrew browsers are available at the time being.

8. Some may argue "yes", but the transition to new standard of DLDI is rapidly adding compatibility to new and existing homebrew. Read about DLDI at the PocketHeaven.com Wiki and patching instructions at the M3 Adapter Forum. The Scorpei.com Wiki indicated DLDI compatible homebrew in the 'DLDI' column.

9. Use firmware version 1.01 or later (you should use 1.02) and in the Games selection menu you can press the R button to enable 'soft reset' (indicated by a green icon in the upper-right). When in-game, you can soft reset by pressing the L + R + X + Y + A + B buttons at the same time.

Hopefully this tasty FAQ will answer any more questions. Welcome to the Scene. :)

3. joshont

joshont Regular member

thanx for the response and putting work for your answer, but i have another question, some of the homebrew i try automatically freezes.......whats the cause of this?