1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some Questions I Have

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by tony8707, Mar 28, 2007.

1. tony8707

tony8707 Member

While I’m waiting on getting a new memory card for my PSP, I was doing research and found out how much I can do with my PSP. Hearing I can play PS1 games, and UMD games from the Memory card, but I heard of all the things I got to do, like downgrade, etc. So my questions are:

I got a 2.71 PSP, without that motherboard that doesn’t work that everybody talks about, and I was wondering what do I have to do to play PS1 games on my PSP? I got a hand-full of games already, some are in different formats.

What type of memory card stick is needed/ widely used?

How do I play backed up UMD games off my Memory card? Because I own a couple of these as well.

What are some good tools(ex. Devhook, etc.)

And where is a good guide to show me step by step directions on all of these? Because I would hate to mess up my PSP.

My yahoo IM is Blkhood87@sbcglobal.net

2. bballpro

bballpro Member

What type of memory card stick is needed/ widely used?
    Well I use the ScanDisck the work just as well as the Sony brand and their cheaper

How do I play backed up UMD games off my Memory card? Because I own a couple of these as well.
    Well a good idea is to downgrade to 1.5 and then upgrade to Some to of dark_alex custom firmware (3.02oe-a 3.03 oe-b..etc)

What are some good tools(ex. Devhook, etc.)

Like i Stated before Some type of (dark alex custom firmware)

And where is a good guide to show me step by step directions on all of these? Because I would hate to mess up my PSP. Afterdawn has some good steps on how to do all this but if your a visaul person so does youtube

3. isbreen

isbreen Regular member

If you want to downgrade tony have a search of this forum for the easy 2.71 downgrader. If you defo don't have the TA-082 mobo then is really is easy as long as you follow all the steps to the letter. Once you downgrade IMO I would update to Dark Alex's 3.03OE-C custom fw and you are ready to play homebrew and backups.

4. tony8707

tony8707 Member

Thanks yall, i appreciate the help!!!