1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some questions pls try to answer them

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by moonslash, May 15, 2007.

1. moonslash

moonslash Regular member

Hi all
    I've posted some questions before about the Xbox 360 system
    But i have still some questions left
    Ive spoken to a guy who claims he knows allot about the 360
    So i wanna confirm this
    He says that if u flash the system it will run for 1 1/2 year and it will be broken because the hardware will melt or something like this
    But ive thought that this wasnt true if u just use Verbatim DVD-R DL Dvd's
    This xbox 360 has an hitachi drive
    Also he said that i need an special burner but i just have an DL Dvd burner and i know i dont know if that is good enough

Anyway is this all true? if i flash it will it only work for 1 1/5 years?

I hope ill get an answer soon

Thanks

2. kkre4605

kkre4605 Regular member

rubbish and rubbish on both accounts, the firmware will not melt your 360, that is the stupidest thing I have read. Only thing you have to worry about is if microsoft update the dashboard every year or so, (the last update was last week) around that time just check the forums to see if anybody is getting banned off xbox live if they have a firmware hack. (there is a debate over whether or not microsoft will/can ban people, some people maninly scare mongerers say that they will ban people soon, but there is no proof at all)

So far after this last update nothing has happened in the past week, but I am waiting a bit longer before I go online, (perfect time to wait to update for me, as I have exams it means waiting allows me to revise instead of going on xbox live all day :)

And about the burner all you need is a Dual layer burner that can BOOKTYPE, so make sure yours can do that and your good to go, if you are downloading your games, (btw it is illegal to download if you don't own the game, ;-)

If you want to copy your original game then you need a separate drive, I believe its a pioneer one, but I'm not too sure on that as I have not copied a game, just burnt downloaded ones.

Hope that helps.

3. steimy

steimy Active member

agree with above. Just as many people who have unmodded systems have had a break down. So it is the 360 itself and not the flashing that causes the problem.

As far as updates and bannings:
    It is not "scare mongerers" as you say, it is people who know Microsoft and it's trends. Just look at Xbox Live and the original Xbox. They would pretty much ban you for anything. Modchips, hard drive upgrades, cheats, and softmodding if you did not know the proper way around it. So it is not a question of IF Microsoft will ban people from playing backups online, it is a quuestion of WHEN. And then some modder will find a way around whatever they do. It is just the nature of the game.

4. moonslash

moonslash Regular member

Ok this might sound stupid but im not going to xbox live yet
    Maybe later but i dont think i will
    That guy also said that it would melt because it has cheap parts.. :/ i dont know i believe you guys so next week my xbox will be flashed yay
    thanks so much for help everytime i have an problem this site really helps me out you know.. thnx!

Last edited: May 15, 2007
  5. steimy

steimy Active member

anything that is mass produced like the 360 is bound to have some "short-cuts" and a few problems. Some of it is due to regulation set down on them, like the fact that they had to use lead free solder on the motherboard to make it more "environmentally friendly"

either way flashing it will not cause the problems. Just make sure you get someone who knows what they are doing to fash it because there are 4 different firmwares on each release for the Samsung drives (Xtreme 5.3a, b, c, d) and they all have to do with the speed that the drive spins.